Monday, June 11, 2007

Flex your random

I'm about to get on my yoga mat for the first time in...uh...I can't remember when (well, that can't be good). Can a mat crumble from disuse? :P At the very least, be prepared for some groaning about muscles I didn't know I had being sore this week!

Random knitting update
I've frogged my Ampersand socks (too small, dammit), have hit the heels of my Dragonslayer socks (look for that FO this week!), and just finished the waistband ribbing of the Summertime Tunic.

Fly-by movie reviews
This weekend I watched two movies: John Tucker Must Die (please don't judge - I swear, it was the only thing on!), which was mildly amusing in a teeny boppery kind of way, and The Devil Wears Prada, which was formulaic, predictable, but entertaining fluff.

Random selection of non-knitting follow-up from previous posts
- Our ongoing wedding cake experiment has shown that thus far, a cake can in fact be defrosted and re-frozen for at least four years. There's one slice left, which will take us to five!

- Jessica, you asked when I was tree-freaking what we were going to do with all that room. Right now, we're trying to kill all the grass (something we're quite good at, even when it's not on purpose). Then Hubster will be in charge of planning the new landscaping (with management approval, of course). But actually re-doing it is a couple of years out. So for right now, it's all white trashy dead grass and weeds!

- We did in fact manage to get rid of the skunk! And before she spawned her demon seed! Thank GOD. About a month ago, I happened to be looking out the window at the exact moment she emerged from the hole and wandered off. I called Hubster, ran into the backyard and threw a pile of wood over the opening while he yelled repeatedly out of the speakerphone on my cell, "Go away skunky!" to scare it from coming back while I was out there. Can you picture it? Sometimes, we live life like a sitcom. ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

The speakerphone anti-skunk slurs is what did me in on this post!

4:15 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i would never judge anyone's movie watching. i've viewed a lot of crap in my day. i actually kind of want to see the john tucker movie. there's just not enough cheesy teen flicks these days.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

We have ants. Does the speakerphone trick work on ants?

Yay for the eternal wedding cake. Ours was still so good after one year, we ate the entire rest of it that day. It'll be our 4th anniversary in September, but for our 10th, we're ordering a smaller cake from the bakery, same flavor as the original. After you run out, maybe you can get a new one for your 6th and see if it'll last the next couple of years?

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home