Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tree freakin'

Right now we're having most of our ugly ass musta-been-on-sale-that-week landscaping removed, including one very old, gigantic overgrown tree in the backyard. I keep hearing giant thuds hit the ground (which I thought at first were hitting the roof). Add to that the sounds of multiple power saws, occasional yelling, and an industrial-sized chipper and I am totally freaking out.

We warned our next door neighbors about this last week, but it is SO much louder than I thought it was going to be. I fear we are going to be run out of town by villagers with torches.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz---squarble, squish squish--pffffitttt!--zzzzzzzz!"

That was my impression of a chipper chipping a skunk. The "pffffitttt" of course was the stink sack deflating.

;-)

1:27 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Hang in there...if it is frightening you, it must be frightening away the critters

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

HAHA! I love your "musta been on sale that week" description. What are you going to do with all the extra room you have?

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home