Monday, April 23, 2007

Oh yeah, I knit

Well, we've managed to trap two possums in the past week, but Pepe Le Pew eludes us thus far. Something is still throwing keggers under there at 2am, so hopefully we'll be able to lure it out this week. Before it spawns. A couple of times, it actually snuck the food out without tripping the trap door. Which kinda sucked, because, as we told the pest control company, the damn thing's never going to leave if we just keep feeding it. Now they're much more cognizant of setting the bait (which is dry dog food of all things) back far enough so it actually has to waltz in there to get it.

*sigh* It'd be nice to get a decent night's sleep without waking up at every little sound desperately hoping another stinky ass throwdown doesn't take place

Okay, enough of the wild kingdom. Finally, on to some knitting!

Between the yard trying to kill me and goddam skunky, I haven't done much of it in the past two and a half weeks. But I jumped back in this weekend and started two new projects. (I have a couple of socks in progress as well, but they're only at cuff stage. And I figure, why bore you with that. When I can bore you with these instead.)

Here we have the beginnings of a dishcloth, in bright, cheery, springy colors!

Pink! Yellow! Orange! Wheee!

It's a very simple pattern and really fun to watch these colors knit up. Cotton is murder on the hands, though. Good thing it goes by quickly.

And this is a wrap I'm hoping to wear to our cousin's wedding on Saturday. A wrap I just started last night. Ah, procrastination.

If I leave it alone, will it knit itself?

It's the Fir Cone stitch pattern from the first Barbara Walker Treasury, straight up with some garter edging. Very easy to memorize pattern. I'm loving the way it looks, too, especially with those wavy edges.

Going double-fisted on this one, with two strands of Lambspun Prism (same as my Mini-Clapotis scarf, but in a *slightly* different shade) to give it more heft. And because I don't like knitting non-sock garments in dk weight. Worsted or bust, baby!

Speaking of bust -- in the book, she warns this stitch pattern has a tendency to pucker in the back. She failed to mention it looks like boobs.

Now that's what you call back rack.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Hahahaha!

How big is a skunk? Could you use some of those large-ass snappy traps they make for sewer rats? I imagine those have got to be as big as skunks. But then again, do you think skunks have death farts? Maybe that's not such a good idea.

Loving that wrap--back rack and all!

6:19 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

oh my goodness. "back rack" just made me choke on my morning coffee. warning: those ballband dishcloths are addictive. you can't make just one!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Thanks for the laugh on the backrack! I so needed it! Hope the skunkys stay far away!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Good luck with your critter removal. I love how your washcloth is coming along. I see those everywhere. They actually look cool...for a washcloth! ;D You wrap is going to look great! Have fun at the wedding!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home