Wednesday, November 03, 2010

A twin for Fernie's twin

A while back, you might remember that BFF's older son wanted a Fernie of his own. Well, a few months ago, BFF's younger son hopped on board and asked for one, too.
Spherey3a
After all, what better way to celebrate your fourth birthday than with your own Fernie! ;)

This one's a bit of a troublemaker, though. I told him repeatedly not to sit on the candelabra, lest he burn his butt. Did he listen? No. Kinda like a four year old. So they should get along great.
Spherey3b
And he's kinda vain. Can't stop staring at himself. But you can't really blame him. If I were that cute, I might gaze into a mirror all day, too.
Spherey3c
He's also taken to sniffing the potpourri. Lush.

Luckily, he managed to break that habit before I sent him off to live with E. I predict lots of fun, potpourri-free days ahead!
Spherey3d
Spherey III for E
Pattern: Spherey from Unusual Toys for You to Knit and Enjoy (inexplicably out of print)
Yarn: Bits of Cotton Ease in Pineapple + STR Mediumweight (doubled) in Lucky
Needle: HiyaHiya Stainless Steel in size US 5, 32"
Mods: None

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I have yet to see a Spherey that isn't heartbreakingly cute. This one is no exception.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

Spherey the Third sounds so regal, doesn't it? Now the vanity thing kind of makes sense...

6:44 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, so cute. love the color combo!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

seriously cute!! I love his stripey limbs.

8:27 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

So cute! I love the colors.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

HE IS ADORABLE!!! WHYYY MUST THAT BOOK BE OUT OF PRINT?! (pouts)

There's a book coming out by Rebecca Danger of Danger Crafts of VERY VERY cute monster toy knits. She has an etsy shop now and sells her patterns there. Look her up! You WANT her book!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

So cute! I'm sure she'll enjoy her new spherical buddy.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Amy T said...

I know I am late to the cashemere suggestion party, but trust me, this is worth it. Tanis Fiber Arts Purple Label Cashmere. I am knitting the Cinder Block Socks from knitspot in the exact same colorway she used. It is the most fantastical Yarn I have ever felt. And yes I have other Cashmere yarns, so I do have a point of reference. Try it, you will love it.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Super, crazy cuteness.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Online pharmacy reviews said...

What a nice friend you have, haha it remembers me a game of play station 1 of pacman, because the character looked exactly the same.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home