Sunday, August 24, 2008

Meet Fernie!

The bitter barn is a sad and lonely place to be. Which is why Indigo has been sent there to think about what it's done. In the meantime, I needed something quick, cute, and fun to restore the faith.

Enter Fernie!
Fernie - Closeup
It's short for Ferdinand. Hubster named him. It's better than Boba Fett, which is what he'd name our first kid if I let him.

I just love him! Isn't he cute? But ya gotta wonder, what does a Spherey Pod do all day? So I grabbed my cam and skulked about the corners to shoot this exclusive "Fernie: A Day in the Life" expose. Let's take a look, shall we?

Fernie's primary responsibility is to act as Head Doorstop. He's really good at it, too! Must be that sock full of coins in his ass.
Fernie - Door
Dude, I've got coinstipation.


But you know, being a doorstop has sort of limited entertainment value. So when he thinks nobody's home, Fernie likes to roam about the house. Sometimes he hangs on the computer...
Fernie - Computer
Man, no wonder she's on this all the time! I wonder what her friends are queuing up...

Talks to the camel...
Fernie - Camel
So, like, how much water can you really store in there?

Checks out the fridge...
Fernie - Fridge
I'm guessing grapefruit juice was on sale.

Or watches TV.
Fernie - TV
They have like, 600 freakin' channels. How can nothing be on?!?


With a lack of decent shows on, Fernie decided to spend some time gazing out the window. He was deep in his Spherey thoughts when suddenly...

*knock knock knock*
Fernie - Window
I wonder who that could be?


He went to the door, opened it, and got the shock of his life to discover...

Fifi and Frito - Door

DADDY!

To be continued...

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Uh oh! Very scandalous!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

"coinstipation"? Booooo...

And where's the "Dun dun DUN!!!" music at the end, there? :)

He's adorable.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you for cracking me up. I so needed that this morning.

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that killed me!! And Fernie is absolutely adorable.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Wait, two daddies? I must stay tuned!

6:14 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

uh-oh. some little spherey's been busy.

i can't believe your fridge is so organized. it's kind of scary, you know.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer M. said...

I start a new job today, and I so needed a laugh to calm me down! Thank you! And, um, so, what happened next?

6:31 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Hey, only one of those little buggers has any orange or blue on him. So I'd demand a paternity test if I were Fernie. Just sayin'.

Besides, how would he reproduce? Does he have a little knitted wee-wee? If so, you must have improvised, because I don't remember seeing those instructions in the pattern.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Bad Spherey! Bad! He is cute though. The girls probably can't keep their hands off him.

12:04 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hee! You crack me up.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hahaha you kill me girl!! Love Fernie and his 2 kits LOL!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

He's so cute!

1:11 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I am another one marveling at your fridge!

The orange and blue is together makes for such a cute little fellow! (Even if he is rather naughty...).

4:17 AM  
Blogger Cirilia said...

Omg

http://skrillaknits.blogspot.com/2006/01/meet-squarey.html

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home