Tuesday, September 07, 2010

What's in a name? You tell me!

postit
Ever wish you had a time machine? *sigh*

Actually, what I really need is a time stretcher. Something that can make the day, say, 30 hours long instead of 24.

Actually, what I really need is to win the lottery so this damn thing called work stops getting in the way of my life.

Actually, what I (and Hubster, and his sister, and her new husband...) need is for a certain family event to be over this Saturday so we can all return to our normal lives. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ;)

Since I haven't had time to play with my new Brother lately or start any knitting projects except for a pair of Waving Lace Socks, I got nuthin'. But I swear, I am going to lock myself in a room with my cardigan pattern on Sunday and finish drafting the remaining sizes, so I'll be ready for test knitters soon!

In the meantime, how 'bout you help me out with a little something! Aforementioned Brother needs it a new name.
Brother1
It's definitely giving off girl vibes, so Butch, Clyde, Jason Statham (oops, sorry, he's just on my mind now since I saw "The Expendables" yesterday and promptly added him to my list) and the like are out.

What would you call her? Any and all suggestions welcome!

15 Comments:

Blogger Julia Zahle said...

I know is what to call her when she acts bad... then you will call her Husqvarna or the name of an other brand... :-)

But - how about Honey. "Oh, Honey, you did so well on that seam".

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ima. As in Ima Brother.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Susie...Susie sewed a seam today...

11:31 PM  
Blogger Sara Kirby said...

How about Stella? Its girly but Stella has an edge ;)Plus when you get frustrated you can yell, "STELLA!"

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Dare I state the obvious and say Sister? ;-P

5:15 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i'm no good with names. i kind of wish i could think of name for the horizon so it would be something shorter than "the horizon" but i'm too lazy.

i hear "Sara" is nice. just sayin. :-)

6:43 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

I know you said it's a girl, but I keep feeling the Arrested Development love, with "hermano". The Stella option is a good choice, though.

7:32 AM  
Blogger hanne said...

what about Bertha?? It has a nice round sound, whith no edges,just like the mashine.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous marci said...

My (actual) brother's name is Daniel. But my daughter has an imaginary friend who is just called "my brother." He does all of the very bad things she would never do ("but just for pretend").

1:03 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Great. Now I have the commercial stuck in my head for "My Buddy" and "Kid Sister".

Wherever I go, you're gonna go, kid sister...

4:43 PM  
Blogger Damaris said...

Carl the sewing machine?

I'm super pumped for your cardigan pattern.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

I'm terrible at naming things - but I hope that things calm down soon and you get a little fun time again!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

I'm not good at naming things, but it is so very white, that I would probably call it Snow White, which is, I guess, a small step up from Whitey.

Hope your schedule is opening up!

8:47 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Kunigunde?
Sorry, couldn't help it, always wanted to name something Kunigunde... without causing a person undue middle school suffering.

4:42 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Heidi, after Proj Runway.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home