Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Changing of the guard

Thank you, Grandpa Singer.
Singer1
You drove me *&%$ing crazy at times, like when your feed dogs constantly pulled to the right, or your presser foot caused endless fabric creep, or your tension went schizo near the end of a spool. But you served my wonderful Mom well for many years, and then, once I read the manual and S.E.W. and actually learned the proper way to sew, did the same for me.
Singer2
I shall never get rid of you, as you hold a special, sentimental place in my heart. Now, however, it is time for you to take up a new hold in the door-jamb-that-apparently-needs-to-be-repainted closet, until such time as I can move into a home with room for a craft cave. I know, it's not what you wanted. But it must be done. Why?
Singer3

'Cause baby, there's a new girl in town.
Brother1
Isnt' she gorgeous? The Brother Limited Edition PC-420. {Cue rainbows forming, angels singing, light from above here.} She was a birthday gift from my very generous and super awesome in-laws. (BTW, did I forget to mention that I turned *censored* three weeks ago? :))

There are so many bells and whistles to this thing, I can't even begin to tell you. But let me just say -- automatic needle threader, automatic thread cutter, automatic reverse/reinforcement stitching, 14 different presser feet, squeeeeee!
Brother2

I played with her all day long on Sunday, and she.
Brother3

is.
Brother4

AWESOME.

Brother5

10 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Whoa. Alligators? That IS awesome.

1:09 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

yayyyy! i love all the decorative stitches. congrats!

1:27 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Awesome new machine! Nice that you're keeping the old one. My mom had one of those black Singers with gold lettering. She gave it away a long time ago. She's kicking herself and saving me the trouble. Darn!

1:59 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Alligators? It makes ALLIGATORS?!? You have to promise right now to make a alligator quilted quilt. You will go to hell if you don't.

Happy birthday to you!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yes, we always save the first sewing machine (in my case the 2nd one, first one died a cruel death).

Fabulous machine!! Yay for you! I just love the Alligators, waaa I want Alligators!

Happy Belated Birthday!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Love the alligators - have fun with your new toy!

And happy belated!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

MY MOM HAD THE SAME SINGER!!! Oh holy crap, flashback!

I hope someday to retire the Beast to Hell. Awesome inlaws!!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

You can't ask for a better b-day present than that! Like everyone else, I'm awed by the alligators. I'm also awed by the way you jumped right in. With all those buttons, it looks kind of scary!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Any machine that can embroider alligators must be a keeper!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

Dude, I'm jealous! It looks amazing. I love the decorative stitches. Your new fabric will soon be on it's way to you, I swear. It's been such a crazy week, but I'll let you know when I ship. Have fun playing!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home