Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blockhead

Babies love to grab things. Babies also love to throw things (so I've been told). So why not give them something to grab and throw that won't cause bodily injury and property damage?

Like, say, these fabric blocks! I LOVED making these. So much so, I didn't even mind the little bit of hand sewing! (Now that's saying something! ;)) I used different parts from different tutorials mixed in with some of my own mods, so don't have a linky for you. But just Google "sew fabric blocks" and you'll find a host of tutes you can glean from.

This first set was for my friend S, who recently gave birth to her second son. For now, though, she says her older son (who's almost 2) LOVES tossing these around!
blockscars

The second set was for my friend Y, who is expecting a boy just two days after GirlPod's due date. Their nursery theme is, can you tell, sports!
blockssports1

blockssports2

And last but most definitely not least, a set for GirlPod. :) I had just enough fabric left over from the car seat cover to make these as well.
blocksmonkey1

blocksmonkey2
These are going to be so much fun for GirlPod to play with! Well, they will be until I start getting pelted with them over and over and over again...

5 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, so cute and squishy! i should make some of these.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Still love these monkeys!

These are going to be a lot of fun. I kind of wish we had something soft and squishy like them around here. A pile of board books does not feel good when it is shoved off the couch and onto your foot!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

What cool blocks!! Guess you'll have to learn to duck and cover when Girlpod gets to throwing them ;)

4:15 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

These look like a great baby gift! Girlpod's set is especially adorable.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love the colors and fabric you choose for GirlPod's blocks. The boy sets are cute too; they just don't speak to me as much. ;-)

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home