Monday, May 23, 2011

Monkey!

A friend of mine turned me on to the Make It Do website, and of course, I just had to make the Baby Car Seat Cover!

(Sorry for the crappy in-store pics - GirlPod's car seat is currently still in the box at Grandma's house until after we move.)
Car seat cover 1

Like the author, I decided to piece it together with two different fabrics. Because easy is for wussies. ;)
Car seat cover 2

And really, how could I choose between little monkeys and 70s starbursty things?
Car seat cover 3

You can't see it in this pic, but I reversed the piecing on the inside, so the monkey fabric is at the bottom of the lining. (It doesn't matter if no one else sees it, *I'll* know it's there.)
Car seat cover 4

This should provide our little GirlPod with some cool yet appropriate sun protection during the summer! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

OMG! That is so cute! I'll have to add that to my to-do list. :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very cute! the monkey fabric is adorable.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home