Monday, January 10, 2011

An apron in time

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! :) Now you know why there wasn't much going on here for a while. I wasn't always exhausted - but I was *completely* unmotivated to do anything but sit my ass on the couch and watch TV. Hence the almost complete lack of knitting or sewing for a few months. But there was a lot of watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix Instant. I almost finished Season 4 before the lethargy phase faded - thankfully, just in time to get a few Christmas presents done!

So let's start catching up! :) First up, 'member that cute reversible apron I made from Simple Sewing? I decided to whip one up for my mother-in law. This time, though, I used two different fabrics and um, *cough*, cut both sides the right side up. Okay, actually, both fabric had prints that could have been cut either way, but I at least paid attention this time. That's worth partial credit, right?

Very cute on her, isn't it?

Apron1

She's big into birding, so when I came across this fabric, I knew it would be perfect!
Apron2

The second side is very "her" also - she's into the organic thing.
Apron3

I really love this fabric, too. Luckily, I got enough to make a tote or other project for myself later. ;)
Apron4

The pleats still didn't turn out quite the way I wanted, so I think next time I'll just eliminate them altogether. But other than that, it turned out great! And MIL absolutely LOVED it.

No wonder - this is what her old apron looked like.
Apron5

Oh, the horror!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jacey said...

The new apron is adorable. I'm just about to attempt a full apron for my sister. I'll check out the link you posted, as I've not picked out a pattern yet. Great job!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

I love making aprons and yours is fabulous!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Love the apron! I really like that style.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Super cute! Definitely an improvement on the old apron!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Neat apron! You picked good prints :)

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home