Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Little Loveys

Sometimes, it's the little things that bring you joy.
Lovey1

Over the past few months, my friend Sarah has tried repeatedly to introduce a "lovey" (a security blanket) to her adorable, now-16-month-old daughter N. Despite these attempts, N has instead been drawn to...diaper wipes. Yep, those small, little squares of cleanliness have become her loveys.

Mom indulged her for a while, but she's starting to worry that little N is getting a contact baby high off the wipey fragrance. ;) So of course, I offered to sew up some little loveys for her in muslin!

They're pretty basic, really. I used both unbleached and bleached muslin, made two with rolled hems, two with folded hems, and one with bias tape. I even had a little fun with Stella's embroidery functions! (P.S. Thanks to Sara Kirby for suggesting the perfect name!)
Lovey2

Lovey3

Hoepfully, N will take to these lightweight, 6"x 6" loveys and give up the diaper wipes!
Lovey4

9 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Cute! I took to one of my cloth diapers as a kid. It became my security, uh, thing. So either the kid is just as strange as me, or the kid isn't so strange at all.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

How cute! So far Rainbow hasn't shown an interest in any sort of blanket or security object (other than her pacifier), although she was holding on to a burp cloth (cloth diaper) last night. Definitely not as pretty as your lovelies!

5:18 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very pretty! i have yet to try any of the embroidery functions on my machine so i applaud your boldness.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Sara Kirby said...

What a great idea! I love the project and the sewing machine name ;)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

They are super cute; how adorable that the little one likes wipes better than a blankie. To each her own, I suppose. :) How lucky that she has a crafty friend like yourself to help oout with a much cuter, and less high-inducing solution.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

what a great idea!! the embroidery on these is just amazing.

9:41 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Look at you go, you bias-tape crazy lady. Cute.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yeah, very nice bias tape sewing..gosh I gotta use my zigzag stitch for that ;) Cute little cloths!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous 4rx said...

you did a great job with the design handkerchief. Thanks, my sister want to do something like that.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home