Monday, October 18, 2010

Favorite cashmere sock yarn?

The stash is still at an all-time low, can you believe it? And it seems my knittin' mojo hit rock bottom right along with it. I haven't knitted in two months. (Someone go wave smelling salts under Cristi's nose, I'm pretty sure she fainted just now.)
scream
I don't think I've gone that long since I first started knitting, which was what, over four years ago?!? If I had to guess, I'd have to say it's 'cause:

1) It's been STUPID HOT here in So Cal lately. Even though the Thermostat Freak Hubster tries sneak in and keep the A/C set at a frosty 72 all the time, just knowing that it's hot enough to fry an egg outside makes me want to bury anything wooly, sit on the couch and play Angry Birds all night long. (Although in my defense, AB really is the most addicting. game. ever.)

2) I departed the flexible, freelance, work-from-home life (*sniff!*) a month and a half ago and am back to a full-time, 40-hour-a-week, in-office assignment. It's been three years since I've been in the corporate world, and dayum if it doesn't put a big fat damper on my blogging/knitting/personal time!

But, we've finally turned a corner, my friends! The forecast for this entire week is for rain and cold, YES! I'm already feeling the urge to pick up those Waving Lace socks I started in Seattle. And while it's taken some time to readjust to the daily grind, I've finally fallen into a nice little groove and balance with my schedule, so I can relax with some knitting at night instead of running around with errands and chores and such.

On that note, methinks the stash is hitting condition orange! I'm feeling the need to acquire some squooshy cashmere sock yarn. There are so many out there now, I need some help! So tell me - what's your favorite cashmere sock yarn?

14 Comments:

Anonymous Emily said...

String Theory Caper Sock!

10:34 PM  
Blogger AfternoonMoon said...

Hand Maiden's Casbah.
My favorite with 20% cashmere.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

I'm knitting with some plucky Knitter MCN right now - it's sooooooffffftt :0)

1:34 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

I've never knit with anything so decadent for my funky feet--sorry!

You'll get into a groove. Give it a little time!

3:15 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

skinny bugga, squoosh, or hedgehog fibers.

good luck on getting the mojo back. i know how you feel.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

I've got a skein of Have You Any Wool Luxe and a skein of Plucky MCN in the stash right now. Both feel decadent, and I've been dreaming of casting on with either. I've got to finish at least one thing before I can do so, though. Good luck with the mojo! Having a full time gig can really get in the way of life.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

I wanna get my hands on some Dream in Color Smooshy with cashmere. I hear it's awesomeness!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Handmaiden Casbah is amazing. And I don't get any color pooling at 7-8 spi at 64 and 60 st. Colorsong yarn specializes in Handmaiden and Fleece Artist and has free shipping, no minimum.

12:52 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

If we get some of that DiC Smooshy with the Cashmere in it, I'll snag some for you. Good God woman. 2 MONTHS? And you didn't go crazy? Get you some yarn and needles in your hands stat!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe...glad to see she didn't faint. Yeah, the day job cuts into the hobbies. Heck the computer does for me too ;)

Plucky knitter MCN so far, I do have some Bugga. I had a skein of the DIC w/cashmere, but traded it hated the color. It's very soft too.

5:31 PM  
Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

No sock recommendations, because I don't knit socks, but I do have something important to say. STOP PLAYING ANGRY BIRDS! It will only leave you feeling empty inside. Trust me on this one. You'll weep hot, shameful tears when you realize how much of your life you spent with it...and you still can't make the friggin' toucan hit the blocks right so that you get the gold balloon and unlock the Easter egg. Knit instead. Way more satisfying. Stupid toucan.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

My favorite right now is Bugga. I do have some String theory caper sock in my stash but I have yet to try it out.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Bugga! Of course, I may be just a tiny bit biased. :D

5:03 PM  
Blogger The Austin Family said...

I found your blog, because I've been waiting for a possible release of the 'boyfriend cardi' you made yourself..but since you asked for cashmere sock yarn advice...I found this beautiful stuff at Hemlock Fiber Festival back in September, and it is dreamy..

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55594534/hand-painted-merino-cashmere-sock-yarn

I know she may still be recovering from being at 3 fiber festivals in the last 2 months..so if you don't see something you love, send her a message :).

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home