Favorite Socks indeed
My favorite sock pattern + my favorite sock yarn = my new favorite socks!
With so many fantabulous sock patterns out there, it's not often that I'll repeat one. But the Embossed Leaves is definitely worth an exception. And it's not my first time, either (that's what she said!). In fact, it's not even my second.
No, my friends, this would be the third time I've knit these socks. That's how much I love this pattern! It's even better once you have it memorized, too. ;)
As with the previous versions, I:
- Used a regular long-tail cast on (instead of the tubular cast on)
- Skipped the yarn cutting thing
- Subbed in an EoP flap
- Shortened the foot, knitting 7 total repeats of the leaf pattern
Kitchener that butt shut!
New this time around, I:
- Decreased all of the purls on the back of the foot down to P2s in the half-repeat just above the heel flap for a tighter fit around the ankle
- Changed the P3s to P1s down each side of the foot
- Decreased the center P3 to P2 in the first Row 1 after the gusset decreases
- Began the Star Toe at Row 3, since my stitch count was lower
- And, since I will never be able to get SJ's cat butt reference out of my head, decreased the toe down to 6 stitches and kitchenered it together. This turned out to be a big plus, I actually like it better this way!
STR, my fave! And I LOVE this colorway (Blue Moonstone), which was a blog prize from Nell. The blues, the greys, the whites, so pretty! Plenty of interest with the three different colors, but with shading so subtle, it works like a solid. No real striping, either. The pooling was totally random, which I love!
Wrap it up
My new favorites! Gorgeous colorway, super fun pattern, perfect fit. I just want to hug them and kiss them and call them George! In fact, I just did.
Embossed Leaves Socks
Pattern: Favorite Socks or IK Winter '05
Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight, 1 skein in Blue Moonstone
Mods: Long-tail cast on, no yarn cutting, decreased stitch count just before flap and on foot, EoP flap, shorter foot and toe, kitchenered toe