Thursday, August 21, 2008

Knitties rock - and rule!

You all rock my world, you know that? Seriously, I feel so lucky to be part of such an awesome, fun, sweet, creative, generous community - and that's on a daily basis, let alone when one of you goes out of your way to make someone's day! And when it's my day you're making, it just makes me permagrin like big, giant goofball!

Case in point - actually, here are two!

Carrie (aka, Irishgirlieknits) and I swapped up some squooshy sock yarn a couple of weeks ago, and honestly, I was all kinds of happy dancy just to get the yarn! Imagine my surprise when these fantabulous extras fell out of the bag along with it (I, uh, tend to rip envelopes open when I known there's yarn inside)!
Irishgirlie rocks!
An herbal moth-away sachet
(which smells soooooo good), some samples of Eucalan (my favorite wool wash, especially in lavendar!) and check out these aDORable sheepy push pins!
Sheepy Push Pins
They are so. damn. cute, I can't stand it! I mean, the yarn alone was super squeeworthy (Yarntini, eeee!) - to include these wonderful gifts as well was SO incredibly sweet and generous! Thank you again Carrie, you totally rock! :)

As if that weren't enough, Nell (aka, ChickenKnits) posted a pic from her trip home a little while back, which I properly identified as a hay rake (what can I say, I'm a Google geek). She'd offered up a prize, and I figured for hay rake identification, it'd be maybe some stitch markers or something along those lines.

But oh, no - guess, guess what she sent me!
ChickenKnits Rocks!
A skein of STR in Blue Moonstone - a colorway I've totally been coveting (which she Sherlocked by checking out the ISO list on my Rav trade page, sneaky girl!) - AND and and, a Knitter's Rule! I was jumping around squealing OMGOMGOMG over and over again, I'm preeeetty sure the kids next door call me *that* neighbor now, but hell, I don't care!

I mean, c'mon! Isn't it the coolest? Even Hubster thought it was wicked. And he's a non-knitting boy.
Knitters Rule
Zonda started the craze, Cristi blogged about them a few weeks ago, and they were both right - this thing is AWESOME. (Enabler alert! karatstix does custom orders, so you can theme them up however you like!) And of course, y'all know I loves me the STR! Thank you again Nell, you totally rule! :)


Okay, now a sidebar (or, technically, a bottom bar, as Blogger can't do sidebars, and if it can, I'm too lazy to figure out how): I apologize for being kinda lax on the posts lately! Still jiggling the sked (heeheeheeheehee, jiggling) now that I'm working on-site, sans my flexible freelance hours (me nocturnal, me no likey alarm clock). But I have polished off a couple of FOs lately, and
I'll make sure to put those up sometime this weeke... actually, you know what? I won't say when I'm going to post 'em up. 'Cause time can be fluid in the wonderful world of weezy, and then it'll take me twice as long. But keep an eye out, they're a comin'!

9 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Aren't you just the lucky duck? And isn't Nell such a sweetie? I've won two of her contests now, and she always sends the most rockin' packages.

Those push pins make me want to squee from afar.

6:25 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

wow that knitter's rule thing is really neat. i hadn't seen it before (my head was permanently buried in the sand until recently)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

What excellent surprises! I love when packages have something extra.

I covet your knitter's rule. I love the little sheepies. I may have to splurge on one.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you like the package! That Knitter's Rule is pretty neat. I use mine all the time.

8:06 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I emerge from the endless stockinette of my Wicked sweater to read your sweet post! So glad you liked the little extras!!

Love the Knitter's Rule! Between Zonda and Cristi I caved and did a special order a week or two ago :)

12:10 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yay! Knitter's Rule AND Blue moonstone? How awesome a package is that?

5:10 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome goodies!! I have those sheepy pins too! Now to make a cork board to use them!

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful goodies - I think I would like one of everything that Karastix makes!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lucky knitter, you! I can't imagine the reaction I'd have if I opened up a package containing STR and a knitter's rule -- so far, the neighbors don't know about my wooly habit. I'd imagine my cover'd be blown if I got such a treat. Enjoy your goodies!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home