Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Socks, butt-pointers, and my cursed Gemini mind

Oh, did you think I'd stopped knitting? Between the freaky ass global-warming-102-for-two-days-then-turn-cold-and-68-after-I-trot-out-all-my-shorts-and-tees weather and tweenybopper reading phase (thankfully, that's over...er, well, it will be after I watch the movie), I can see why you'd get that impression.

But I'm still here and knitting away! Look, see?
MCW wip
First up, my Mad Color Weave Socks for the Rav STR KAL. I don't think there are enough acronyms in that sentence. These are done, whoo hoo! Drying now, hopefully destined for a FO shoot tomorrow.

Speaking of socks:

EL wip
Some Embossed Leaves love! This is one of my all-time favorite sock patterns. I just finished the gussets, so they should be done by the end of the week.

But it's not all socks around here:

Candlelight wip
My very first
butt-pointer triangle shawl! I'm "alpha" test knitting this pattern (the Candlelight Shawl) for Saccade on Rav. I have about 100 yards more yarn than the pattern requires, so I'm tempted to make this hee-yuge and voluminous.

Then of course, there's the Tatami, all dropped, blocked, and halfway seamed:
Tatami wip
I just have to seam up the other half, attach the ties and it's done! I can already tell I'm going to fall madly in love with this. Like, Hugh Jackman love.


And finally, the thorn in my side:
Grey's wip
I did the whirlpool toe from New Pathways, and now I'm paralyzed with indecision. I'm torn between the: a) Spiraling Coriolis (with a wider band) in stockinette, b) Riverbed in 3/1 rib, or c) Riverbed in something more chevron-y. GAH! Stoopid fickle Gemini mind. Be a dear and make up my mind for me, wouldya?

13 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Woo! Mad Color Weaves & Embossed Leaves! Yay! Oh, duh. That needs to be my next "for me" sock. I still need a pair of embossed leaves!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow look at all your knitting!!! ;) Sorry, I've not knit anything from New Pathways yet, but Cristi swears by the Riverbed one.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely knitting!

I think stripey yarn screams for a chevron pattern, but I'm sure any of those would be nice. :D

9:38 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I say pick spiraling corilois and riverbed. One of each sock--fraternal Gemini twins. And kind of water-cycle-y themed too.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, you've been busy! I'm no help at all with the socks. I've only made it through the first architecture in NP, and I don't even remember what it's called.

How'd you like the rest of the series? I've been rereading, almost through BD. So good.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

wow, you've got lots of socks on the go!! I bow down to your sock knitting prowess!

- Julie

6:28 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

wow that's a lot of stuff you've got going on there!

spiraling coriolis is pretty mind-numbing, but it is neat to watch the two socks spiral in different directions.

the riverbed can definitely get more pattern-y on the instep and it's cool to watch the pointy stuff on the sole. i guess it depends on what you're looking for.

i watched twilight (don't tell anyone). i thought it was pretty bad but i came from a place of not reading the books. i was hoping for a guilty pleasure but the minimal entertainment came more from watching Pretty Boy slip in and out of his american accent. but then again, i'm a movie snob.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Holy knitting, batman! Seiously that's alot of projects! All awesome, btw. I can't wait to see the shawl blocked out.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Sorry - Gemini here, too. I can never make up my mind. And sure as I do, it changes the next day.

8:11 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Damn! You are a knitting machine!!! I haven't even cast on either my MCW or Shurtagals for the STR KAL! Love both of your socks!!

And the shawl...yummy!!!

And I'm no help on picking which architecture to use :) But love the toe pic!

11:17 PM  
Blogger stacyZ said...

It is all gorgeous, but I am very excited to see Tatami completed :) you know I have been eying that forever!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

It's all gorgeous, but thanks to you, I'll never be able to wear a full-sized triangular shawl without giggling. Men have the pointer in front, women in back... makes sense. Well, sort of.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Gorgeous knitting! And so much! Love the socks - and the shawl is so pretty - great color! Can't wait to see Tatami all done - it really looks beautiful!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home