Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I'm sorry, but I can't talk right now

TSaga
The library hold queue for "Breaking Dawn" is much shorter than the others, so I'm holding out on that one for now.

I just bought these off of craigslist! Fair enough price, too. I would've haggled her down some, but she was like, 10.

So today I got to do a good deed, start a youngster off on a capitalist career, and mark another check in the reduce-reuse-recycle column by buying these used instead of new! :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go enter my hidey-hole and emerge when I'm done with two more books targeted at readers who are are whole person who can drink younger than I am.

9 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Have fun! I don't think I'll be reading these (feminist reasons... I get the feeling I'd be pissed a lot if I did), so I'll go knit instead... after petting the cat.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

LOL - I love "whole person who can drink younger". Great line. :D

And once you finish those, I can recommend another set of books aimed at the same age group. I haven't read Twilight et al (yet), but these I loved.

6:53 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Let me know if you want me to send in a pizza....

10:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wait until you get to Breaking Dawn. It is so not a YA book, if you ask me. (Two words: vampire whoopee.)

4:19 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Okay, but if you go to Oregon to do the Twilight tour, I'm personally flying out there to tackle you and drag you back home.

5:42 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

hehehe.. I love it!! So nice of you for not haggling with the 10 year old! Oh, and be sure to send them to Chemgrrl when your done! She's dying...hehehe dying....to read them!

Oh, and Edward is mine. I'm just sayin'

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Hope you are having fun reading them! It really is funny how instantly addictive they are...

5:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are so damn funny!!

I asked a very serious Medievalist colleague if her voracious-reader 9 year old would be reading Twilight one day. Her answer was that "...I would never expose my daughter to such a masochistic view of love." Whatevs:)

5:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I felt the exact same way. Although I read them more in hiding and shame. They truly are addictive.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home