Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Do the slide

I just unlocked the Penguin Slide on my Wii Fit tonight and it. is. AWESOME. Ridiculous and silly and so much fun! I think the workout on that one comes from laughing your ass off!

Metrobro's scarf is done but the weather was very uncooperative today and the pics turned out like poo. I'll try to snap some pics in the morning if I can, if not this'll have to go off sans decent FOtos as it needs to travel to the East Coast before Christmas.

Now I'm working on MIL's hat, which just needs earflaps. But I'm procrastinating because the mojo has up and left me. Nothin' like knitting on demand to suck all the joy out of it.

So me thinks me needs some fun little projects to entice it back. I'm thinking some legwarmers with that Artyarns I overdyed, and maybe a cowl with some Woobu that the fantabulous lumierelanuit sent me (I put a call out on the Rav STR board seeking just a few yards to make a swatch with and she sent me 72 grams! In a color so gorgeous, it may have made me fall down some more at the BMFA sale last week).

Here's the Woobu:
Woobu
Isn't it beyooteeful?
(Woobootiful? No wait, then you think someone's talking about a full booty. Or maybe *I* just think someone's talking about a full booty...)

But alas, no mojo is like hot carrots - it kills my appetite. So please, help me choose! What's your favorite cowl pattern? Or favorite stitch pattern that might make a good cowl? Or favorite scarf pattern that could be shortened into a cowl/neckwarmer thingamabob?

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Would you believe I'd never heard of Woobu until yesterday? You'll have to give a review. I also didn't hear about the BMFA sale until it was over, but that's probably a good thing.

Sorry, I'm no help with the cowl thing. Haven't knit one yet, but I've thought about it.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Yeah I suck. My quest for a cowl was quashed last year when I couldn't find anything good.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

The penguin slide is my favorite Wii fit segment thus far. It's unbelievably cute.

6:06 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Ooo, cowls! Lemme go check my rav queue...

Okay, I like these: Prickle by Huan-hua Chye; Aibhlinn by Mary Burr (but the small version a lot of people have done, not the gianganto version); and...oh. That's all I have in my queue. But have you looked at Lolly's from Lolly knitting around? She's a bit of a cowl freak, and she's knit some lovely ones.

I totally covet your Woobu. (Wow, that sounds like a sleazy pickup line. Hey baby, want to show me your Woobu?)

6:29 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

oh my, there's so many. you can't really go wrong.

i'm currently shedding a tear for my neglected merino/cashmere cowl (it's plain stockinette from LMKG) that has a hole in it and needs to be repaired.

though i hate mending so maybe i'll just knit a new one. hey, know any good cowl patterns? ;-)

7:33 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Check out this cowl--really fast to make and adorable. I made one as a gift and have already bought the yarn to make one for ME.

http://gettingpurlywithit.wordpress.com/2008/09/24/free-pattern-seed-stitch-cowl-with-colinette-point-5/

7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know any good cowl patterns. But that yarn is gorgeous!!!!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't used my Wii Fit in a while, but now I want to unlock the penquin slide! Love the yarn - can't wait to see what you make with it.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

We are getting a Wii for the family..well I already got it, but ya know gotta make them suffer for it for 5 more days!! I plan on getting wii fit after the holidays..or when I find it LOL. I like the chickadee cowl, cowl of kindness, gloria cowl, um..er..do you need any more LOL

5:10 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I've always wondered if My So-Called Scarf would make a good cowl... then again, probably not, it doesn't have a lot of drape.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home