Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Out damn skirt

Indigo Ripples Skirt, the Reboot. See how nice and innocent it looks?
Indigo Ripples Reboot 1
*rubs halo*


Last night, I laid it out to admire my handiwork, and something seemed... off.
Indigo Ripples Reboot 2
What? Me?


Hmmm.... what could it... wait... is that... Ah CRAP.
(Actually, I think the word I used was FUCKfuckityfuckfuckfuck.) It appears I placed one of the side markers a stitch off after the last try-on, so of course the last two sets of increases are now in the wrong place.

Can't see it? Here, let me help.
Indigo Ripples Reboot 3
Bastard.


So now I have to tink back around 30 rows. Of over 180 stitches. In bleedy cotton denim yarn. That I've already had to frog before. CRAP
(FUCKfuckityfuckfuckfuck).

When something like that happens, there's only one thing to do.

Venomously throw Put it back in here:
Indigo Ripples Reboot 4

Have some of these:
IR Remedy Beer

Some of these:
IR Remedy Chips

And some of these:
IR Remedy Nathan

It won't fix your skirt, but you'll care a lot less!

13 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

No no! Don't rip! Just drop back that section and then bring them back up with a crochet hook, putting the increases in the right spots. It will be fiddly, but less irritating than ripping back.

8:06 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Pam to the rescue it looks like!

Good for you for at least putting it in timeout for a little bit! Damn skirt :)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

I would like to apply this remedy to each and every one of my problems from here on out. :D

9:53 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Maybe I'm being silly here, but WHY does that matter so much? Fuggit, knit on, I say.

But while you've got those chips and beer out, you might as well have some. And firefly? Yes, please.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm with chemgrrl. But I've never claimed to not be a lazy knitter ;-)

3:52 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

trillian is right -- just drop down a handful of stitches and fix them, no need to frog! But I'm sure Nathan Fillion will make you feel much better about everything.

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sucks! But I agree with what others have said, drop down the stitches surrounding the increases and bring them back up again. I would suggest trying to do it by putting the group of stitches on a DPN and knitting with another DPN, using the ladder in the row above as your working yarn, instead of doing the crochet hook thing one column at a time--it will make placing the increases way easier.

Once I decided I would cut some of the middle out of a hat that was too long, and graft it back together. You could use this approach, rotating the bottom a little so the increases match up, but I seriously don't recommend it... it took hours to get that hat grafted back together, and I assume your skirt circumference is just a tiny wee bit larger than the hat was.

Whatever you do, keep the beer, chips, and Captain Mal in the plan!

8:08 AM  
Blogger AfternoonMoon said...

Oh, I started to feel sorry for your shifted stitches and then I saw the Hinano.

All sympathy... gone.

Is that supplied locally? We drank that all over FP, and haven't had it since.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I'm with Pam. Definitely drop the stitches down and fix them. Ripping would be sad. Either way, enjoy that beer!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Boo hiss. I think you should try the dropping down thing and if it's a FAIL then rip. Worth a shot anyways...

Mmmmmm... chips... mmmm...

11:50 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Bummer man...I have no hints for you other than to commiserate with you..I can't knit a freaking thing these last few days!!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NUTS!!!!! I hope the beers lessened the blow.

10:55 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh man! what happened with the skirt is tragic, but I must say I like your style when things go wrong - beer = yum, chips = yum yum, Firefly = yum yum yum! ;)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home