Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm so smart, I know when I'll be dumb

I came *this* close to locking myself out of the house today. I was heading out to the garage to retrieve the bags below and somehow, when I opened the side door, managed to turn the doorknob lock on my way out. Something I didn't discover until I tried to get back in.

After shaking and turning the handle a dozen times, desperately hoping it would open (much like I open the freezer door and hope ice cream will appear), I walked around to the front of the house with the barest of hopes that I'd left the front door unlocked after checking the mail a few minutes earlier.


I walked up to the door, reached for the doorknob, squeezed my eyes shut, and... it opened! YES! Now I always, always lock the deadbolt, even when I'm home. But for some reason, today, I didn't! Which saved me from having to break a window sit outside for six hours in this armpit heat waiting for Hubster to get home.

Do you know what this means? Do you? Well, apparently, I've become SO smart, I can subconsciously predict when I'm going to be dumb! Isn't that awesome? Don't you all wish you could evolve like me?

Sugar-n-Cream
Save the earth, ride a market bag! Er, I mean, knit one.

Speaking of dumb, I brought my own bags the grocery store today (that's not the dumb part) and have since slapped myself upside the head for not doing it sooner (that is)! It was great not having to shove a crapton of those plastic bags in the corner of the junk cabinet (some people have a drawer, we have a cabinet), and it always feels fantastic when you do something green!

So now I plan to bring my own bags every time I go to the store. The Sugar-n-Cream above will be used to make a couple more of
these, which seriously rock with their stretch and hold capabilities. Oh, and I finally have a use for all these crappy trade show bags, too!
Bag Swag
Keeping old crap finally pays off!

You know, besides their all-important function as garage space taker-uppers.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

I want to knit one of those out of plastic bags to show the love for plastic bags.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You should totally write something cheesy on the Kermit bag -- like "It's easy being green!"

4:37 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

AHHHHHH! You have a KERMY BAG! I'm insanely jealous!

8:46 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I love my Envirosax! I take them to the grocery store and target! Hurray for no plastic!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Eryn said...

I need to knit some market bags... They've been on my to-do list forever. Being green is a great excuse for casting on the umpteen-millionth project, right? :P

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great market bag! I'm going to have to find a pattern and make some - it will help me get rid of the sugar and cream stash I have...

3:59 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

But if I bring my own bags what do I put the cat crap in?

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home