Friday, March 14, 2008

It's like crack for geeks

Sudoku
And yes, I write "I win!" and give myself a smiley face every time I get it right.

YArNKNiTa RAK'd me this book a while back, and I finally got around to opening it last month. Now, I can't stop! I have to play one a day. Usually while making dinner (helps pass the time while whatever I've got cooking is simmering/sizzling/boiling/baking).

About halfway through the "easy" section, I got kinda bored and moved on to the "mild" puzzles. Those are starting to get too easy, so I'll be skipping over to the "ambitious" level soon. Which, I suspect, may involve some ass kicking (mine).

When Hubster first saw me working these, he demanded a try. After several fruitless attempts, he ripped out the first few pages and said they were "unusable." Blame was placed on the eraser.
Sudoku Hub
The eraser did it. Sure.


I suspect sabotage.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I fully agree. They are like crack!

I am glad that you are "enjoying" it! :-P

11:13 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Totally geek crack. Watch out - the easy ones are a gateway drug. Before long you'll be buying the sunday paper every week just so that you can try the diabolical ones. Just sayin'.

11:35 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i find such activities to be mildly fun, but for real crack i play super nintendo. i love being 20 years behind everyone else.

12:57 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh man. I got hooked on those awhile ago. I had to go into a 12-step program...

1:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I just can't get into Sudoku. I suspect it's because numbers are involved (I tend not to like anything involving numbers). Now, give me a crossword puzzle and it's a different story.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I can only play on the computer where it shows you exactly when you finish a row/cell. I need instant gratification.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have it on my PDA. Nice to play when class gets boring!

8:50 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I've resisted. Fear it will reveal how dumb I really am.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

It is crack for geeks. It's also perfect for airplane entertainment because it's engaging without demanding insane levels of concentration.

But your DH might as well admit to his addiction, the eraser marks were a dead giveaway.

5:37 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

everyone keeps talking about this. I'm gonna have to get me a book!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

It is addictive. I have a book hidden in my office drawer. You know, for times when nothing is going on and the boss is behind closed doors..,,,a page here and there won't hurt!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Hey - who's been taking pictures of my Sokey-Dookey puzzles?!!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home