Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blech

Hubster was on a business trip most of last week. It was unexpectedly chilly there (I had to overnight him his big puffy jacket, which must have exploded like an inflatable raft when he took it out of the box I squished that sucker into) and he got very little sleep. The day after he came home, he got all sicky. And you know what that means.

Yup! Now I'm all sicky, too. Unfortunately, I've still got some work to push through (stoopid need for food and shelter). After that, I'm going to fuse my ass to the couch with a blankie and my Firefly DVDs (man, I wish they had a "play all" function).

Somewhere in my flu-induced haze yesterday, I frogged those Horcrux Socks. Just wasn't feeling it. I think I'm going to go with the Ribbed Lace socks from SKS instead.

But, since I'm planning to zone out on Nyquil tonight, prolly won't be doing any knitting. Although, it might be kinda fun to see what comes off the needles when I'm all tingly. Or am confusing frogging crap with fun? Maybe I should go lie down...

11 Comments:

Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh oh you should chug some Nyquil and then cast on for something new! But without a pattern. Just go with it. Then the next morning, when you don't remember how you got to bed or whose duck that is, take a picture of your knitting. 'Twould be highly entertaining.

...sayeth the girl popped some after-wisom-teeth-removal pain meds then learned how to knit lace. It actually didn't turn out that bad...

1:37 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

For a second, I thought "sicky" was a code word for "sex." Apparently you know where my mind lies.

Feel better soon!!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oooh, knitting on Nyquil! Sounds like quite an adventure!

5:42 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aww, sorry you're feeling all sicky. Hope you feel better soon!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Go away Sicky-ness! We need your wit 'round here!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I hope you feel better soon!

6:30 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

man that stinks. people at work are dropping like flies with the flu. i'm debating wearing a facemask to work.

hope you feel better soon!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Yuck! I hope the Nyquil does the trick - I love that stuff when I'm not feeling well. Have fun with Firefly - that should make for good sick-time viewing. I'll be interested to see what, if anything, comes off your needles!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Yech. We just went through this... DH went to Arizona on a business trip, got home sick, then I was sick for 2 weeks. It's the nasty creeping crud. I hope you feel better soon!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better!

7:54 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Ahh, I hope you feel better soon!!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home