Monday, February 18, 2008

What's up with wippy?

Lest you think my FOs just fly off the needles fully formed (and really, what would be the fun in that?), figured it was time to post up some wips!

Here we have a pair of Retro Rib socks in some Jitterbug that came by way of chemgrrl. These started out as Waving Lace, but they didn't...mesh well together. Doesn't photog well, but there's much better meshing with this pattern! Prooolly shoulda gone toe-up with these (it is Jitterbug), but hey, that's the way I roll.
Retro Rib (wip)
Wanna start a pool on when I'll run out of yarn?

Next, bearing a striking resemblance to a cholesterol-clogging fry box (mmmm....fries...), is a pair of Horcrux Socks in Sereknity Sock Options. I've modded the lace pattern up a bit and am carrying it down the entire way. It's kinda slow going, though, as I can only go a handful of rows at a time without putting my hands in traction. The pattern says the lace is stretchy, but the absence of ribs is causing me to knit this at a vise-grip gauge (stoopid subconscious).
McHorcrux (wip)
Magical McHorcrux Socks - magically makes me crave a box of fries.

Finally, here is Raspy in Den-m-nit, being knitted in the round. I'm on Row 39 of 8 billion, so other than the 80s-ish dropped stitches, it's mostly just snoozer stockinette. There's some heavy duty dye ruboff with this yarn, so I have to wash my hands every 10 rows or so to avoid permanent smurfness.
Raspy (wip)
What a feeling, ba bahm buhm bumh buhm!

Not that I've touched any of these in the past three days - I worked myself over on Friday sanding and painting the baseboards in the living room and master bedroom while Hubster was out of town on a business trip. (I can't paint when he's home - he might want to help! He's talented at a great many things, but, well, watching him paint is kinda like watching a monkey play guitar while holding a pair of bananas - kinda funny but a big fat mess.)

The baseboards look a hundred times better but um, yeaaahh, turns out I'm not as young as I used to be. I was sore everywhere. It took three days of lay-on-the-couch-like-a-boob-ness, but the achiness finally seems to have dissipated, so I'll be knitting my ass off tonight, whoo hoo!

10 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice SIP's! Yes...drooling for fries now thank you very much!!!! I don't like my hubby to help paint either...Take a nice hot bath...ahhhhh!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Eryn said...

The WIPs are fabulous!

I agree with Zonda - next time let Calgon take you away.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Hahahahaha! I'm laughing at the monkey playing a guitar analogy...hee hee!

Good luck with the Jitters...at least you're doing them two at a time right?

4:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Depending on how long you're making the legs of your Jitterbug socks, you might be okay (you have tiny feet, right?). One skein was enough for me to do a pair of shortened Monkeys (3 repeats on the leg), and I have huuuge feet.

Now don't you know I have the Smurfs theme song stuck in my head?

4:39 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Thanks sj. Now I do too.

La la lala la laaa la la la la laaaaaa

4:53 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

Your WIPs are lovely, and congrats on getting some painting done. It's hard work, but I'm sure it is well worth your backache.

6:24 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh, Raspyness. Goody. Nice movie watching knitting. Did they ever make a Smurf movie, I wonder?

Like the socks, too. You know, I don't think you will run out of yarn. You've got teh small feets.

6:47 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

everything looks great!

8:06 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that's a lot of sockiness.

can't wait to see raspy. i've been thinking of purchasing some denim yarn to knit a skirt, but i'll see how your trials and tribulations turn out first. ;-)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Loving the horcrux socks. And strangely now I want fries, too! Heh.

And I'm cracking up at the description of your husband painting!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home