Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Skew you

ScWiNoNa
I like to skew. Diagonally.

Hope everyone who celebrates it had a Merry Christmas! The last week has been quite a flurry of activity around here, but now, aaaaah, I have time to breathe - and to get the last two holifos posted!

First up - a scarf. A scarf with no name. Hence, the ScWiNoNa!


It's all relative
ScWiNoNa here was a last-minute Christmas gift for SIL. Her fruh-fruh meter ticks in at the low end, and I was short on time, so I needed something relatively basic. But the thought of knitting one long rectangle in plain stockinette was enough to send me running for the hills, so I dug through my knitting books to see what I could find. My first pass involved a slipped-stitch herringbone pattern. The resemblance to cat yak was uncanny. Frog.

A second (albeit hurried) look through my ever-growing library revealed this diagonal stitch pattern, which worked out perfectly! All it needed was a garter border. The edges still curled in like a mofo during the knitting process, but it all straightened out in the blocking (whew!).

It wasn't the most interesting knitting in the world, but thankfully, I managed to whip it out in just two nights. And look - the flip side rocks, too!
ScWiNoNa
That's right. Check out my back side. Gooood, ain't it.

All told, I used about 122 grams of yarn, which by my geeky calcs comes to somewhere in the neighborhood of 265 yards. The final blocked size was 70" x 6.25".

There's not much to it, but I'm happy to whip out a pattern if anyone wants. (I know, I know, I owe y'all a Lucky 7 pattern, too. Hopefully by this weekend!)

That's a wrap
Gifted it to SIL yesterday, and she totally dug it! Just goes to show - if you know someone who's not into the fruh-fruh, all you need is a little skew-skew!
ScWiNoNa

ScWiNoNa

Pattern: weezawinged
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in In Vino Veritas (~122 grams, little over one skein)
Needles: Addi Turbo in size 7, 24"

16 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ab fab-oo. Not that you could go wrong with the Classy, of course.

7:32 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That Dream in Color Classy is on my shopping list now, love it!!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh Wow! That is a fabo scarf there! :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Only 2 nights? You're amazing and that scarf is fabulous!

and yes, pattern please!

8:36 PM  
Blogger RiverCitySTL said...

Love the ScWiNoNa scarf, and I too now NEED to purchase Classy! Would love the pattern!

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty - love the pattern and the yarn - wow - I need to get some!

6:14 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

If that's skewed, then so am I cuz I likes it! And the yarn...precious.

7:29 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Lovin' it! Just goes to show that sometimes skew-skew beats out fruh-fruh hands down.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Ooo, ooo, pattern please? It's lovely and simple. That yarn is fab too.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Well, skew me sideways! If that isn't the perfect pattern to show off gorgeous yarn. Nice job!

4:59 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

you knit that in 2 days? dang! very impressive and very pretty!

7:36 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooooh pretty!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like that pattern too. It is manly enough to save me from knitting a stockinette stitch scarf.

Thank you,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the scarf...unfortunately I thought you were talking about my hometown in WINONA, Minnesota...LOL... the initials were so ironic...

Dana from Winona, MN
www.lovesmanycloths.com

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd love a pattern!

3:05 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Hi Christine - I hope you come back to read this, as your profile is unviewable, and there was no blog or email address to refer to!

There is a pattern available, on my "Free Patterns" page. Here is the direct link. Enjoy! :)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home