Monday, December 17, 2007

Jolly jolly joy joy

I never thought it was a bad little tree. All it needed was a little love.
Christmas Tree
A wee little tree for the weeza family.

And a gnome with a branch up its ass.
Christmas Tree Gnome
Well, that can't be comfortable.

Sidebar: I'm flattered y'all wanted the pattern for my Lucky 7 Hat! I'm more than happy to write up the pattern. As soon as I finish off the Christmas knitting, I'll give it another test run to make sure my notes are correct. Hopefully, I'll have it up later this week/early next. :)

Now, back to today's holly jolly theme! Here's a last minute gift idea for those of you who know someone who likes to fix stuff (or you know, likes to pretend they can fix stuff):

It's the Black & Decker Auto Wrench. Automatically adjusts to any size at the press of a button! (Excellent review for this at Toolmonger, my new favorite site for bright shiny objects. They even went so far as to rig up a tester to make sure it lived up to its torque! I think I'm in love.)

I gave one to Hubster for his birthday last week and he went apeshit over it! As in jaw-dropping, no-WAY, can't-stop-playing-with-it apeshit. When he told the guys at work about it the next day, they all demanded that he bring it in. He did, and they went apeshit over it!

Amazon will save you a couple of bucks, but you can find it just about anywhere they sell tools (Target, Home Depot, Sears, etc.) for less than $30. You'll be heralded as a Christmas hero and the recipient will spend all day playing with their tool. Wait, that didn't come out right...

12 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Hot damn, I want a gnome with a tree up his butt now!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Just look at the *size* of that wrench! teehee

8:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The gnome getting boo-foo'd is such a cute touch!:)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is the sweetest little tree -- gnome definitely makes it! (For having a stick up his ass, he looks pretty happy!)

8:01 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that gnome is so awesome. there, i said it.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I love how the gnome looks to be pondering his predicament. Clearly his book has no advice for situations like these.

I bought 3 of those freakin wrenches for gifts this year. Walmart had them the cheapest at $24.88, but there's a catch. You have to go to Walmart. Sucks, that.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Okay Weez. I almost peed my pants reading another one of your posts. Thanks chica.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute tree - and love the gnome!

2:47 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Best. Tree-topper. EVER. Love it!

And thanks for the idea on what to give Turtle-daddy.

5:17 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

YOU are my Chirstmas hero! I've been dealing with the fact that I don' think I'll get my dad's Xmas knitting done. I'm gonna get this baby and he wont even notice he doesn't have a new hat.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe I just love your tree and gnome topper!!

I got 2 of these, yes a great gift!!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Woah. That is the mother of All Guy Gifts. Better than a leg lamp, even.

Poor little gnomey. I hope you at least took the needles off that top branch before you put him on. Ouch.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home