Thursday, July 12, 2007

You dye, I knit, the world is whole.

Lately, my IE has been really buggy. Pages were loading slowly (or not at all), it kept slowing down, and weird, random oddities were popping up - like Blogger comment pages continuously reloading until I clicked the Stop button (even with all the security and cookie settings down to hey - come - infect - my - laptop - with - your - effing - spyware levels).

Yesterday I reached the point where I literally wanted to throw my laptop out the window. It was time for a change. So, I switched to Firefox this morning.

Holy mother of Internet! Why the hell didn't I do this sooner? Already, it's a huge improvement over IE. Helluva lot faster, no bugginess, and did I mention it's a helluva lot faster? We'll see how it goes once the bright-shiny-new phase is over, but so far, it rocks!

On the wip front, little progress this week. I've tried three times to cast on a pair of Mata Hari socks, but the cotton/lycra blend is killing me. It's a boucle-ish texture with elastic properties, and I can't get a handle on the tension. I'm going to try again tonight before shoving them to the bottom of the bag.

I also started a pair of Denmark socks last night, using the unknown green sock yarn from my March SP8 package. I was all excited, because it was coming out so purty! That is, of course, until I noticed that there was green dye was ALL over my hands. After just 11 rows, too! This did not bode well, so I decided to frog. At some point, I'll re-hank the green and do some kind of vinegar bath to try and set the dye. For now, I'll just start the socks over with a different yarn. Kinda sucks, but better than looking like that little Geico creature for the next week and a half.

Let me take this opportunity now to send a request to the dyers at large. You see, I believe that when yarn gets to the knitter, it should be ready to go. You dye, I knit. It comes out pretty and the world is whole. That's the plan, right? We agreed? Good. So, if you're a dyer, please, please, please make sure you're putting a quality product out there. Don't make us go through the last step. Thank you for your support.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Yeah that blogger comment thing has been happening to me too. I think that's a blogger thing, not an IE thing. Well, OK, maybe it isn't but I don't like setting fire to foxes, so I'll stick with IE.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I was a faithful IE user until I got on Ravelry and it wasn't doing so hot. With FF I have noticed that EVERYTHING is better. Won't ever go back.

8:59 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I love FF! Plus it has the whole spell check thing going on so no typos in comments whoot whoot. since I almost never use IE I didn't realize how much different my blog looks in IE. It definitely looks better in FF

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home