Wednesday, June 20, 2007

WiP It Wednesday. Er, sort of.

After a first pass knit-and-frog-fest (that one was painful, especially the gusset - all those M1s!) due to poor fit (too long dammit) and some head-hurtin' math (which I hate to do), I did a second pass at my Dragonslayer heels and chair-bounced with glee when they fit! I don't know about you all, but I'm always surprised when the stuff I knit actually comes out right.

I'm on a mission to finish the Dragonslayers by this weekend, so I'll save the pics for then. That's about it for today. The other two look pretty much the same as they did last week, but feel free to click here if you'd like to re-revel in their unfinished glory.

Perhaps I can distract you from my week of little knitting with some mindless drivel instead?

I watched the first three eps of The Starter Wife on Friday. The fantasy sequences are kind of lame (and unnecessary) and the product placement is a leeeeetle bit obvious, but it's entertaining enough for some veg-out-in-front-of-the-tv watching.

The kiddies are out of school, so there's a lot more activity in the neighborhood these days! I actually enjoy hearing them out and about (and not parked in front of the tube). Or at least, I did until this afternoon, when someone gave them an air horn. *gritting teeth*

Hubster and I are in the process of downloading our entire combined CD collection (it's quite massive) into our respective iTunes, so we can store the discs and their giant bookcase in the garage. I'm quickly approaching 2,000 songs. How many does it take to make a geek?

The thong part on one of my cheapy $7.99 tar-jay sandals wiggled out of the sole yesterday. Now the old me would have thought, "Eh, they're only $8," tossed them and gotten a new pair. But the new cheapassy me thought, "What would Bezzie do?" Would she toss them? Hay-ull no! So I got out my mini screwdriver and some super glue and shoved that thong back into it's hole. Heeheeheeeheeeheeeheee that sounds so dirty! Voila! Just like new.

Oh, and Hubster got me More SKS for my birthday. Good boy. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

You know I'm all about shoving thongs in holes. ;-)

4:18 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I'm not sure how many songs it takes to make a geek, but I'll have to download my CD collection into iTunes eventually, and it's not something I look forward to. Good luck! Maybe you can knit while everything is downloading? Less boring that way.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm all for year round school. These little hooligans running around all day waking me up in the morning with their hollering. Brats. LOL :P

Way to fix the flip flop. Hopefully non of that glue gets on your toes! :D

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home