Friday, May 18, 2007

My house got tagged, and so did I

Remember how our garage got tagged? Well, Hubster was in the garage lamenting on the tagging when the somewhat new neighbors across the way asked what was wrong. He pointed it out to them and went on for a bit how weird it was for individual houses to get gang tagged, how we were thinking of calling the police, etc. Lo and behold, the next day, it was painted over. In a mismatching shade, but painted over just the same.

Now, it could have just been the neighbors being good deederly. But Hubster's seen quite a few teens hanging in their garage, and suspects that the parents recognized their kid's artistic handiwork and made him wipe it out. Which would make more sense, considering we live in a gang-free suburbia.

Continuing along the tagging theme, maryannlucy tagged me with the 7 random facts meme. So, here you go!

  1. I have freakishly small ears. But they hear all. Unless I'm ignoring you.

  2. I have a tattoo. It's nothing elaborate, just a symbol. But after I got it, I was on a inky high for three days. It's generally hidden by clothing, in a place that hopefully won't be hanging to my knees when I'm 80.
  3. I don't collect anything. Except yarn, apparently.
  4. In my early 20s, I quit my job and drove around the country for a month and a half. By myself. This was before cell phones were running the world, so I had a CB radio in my little Nissan in case of emergency. Man, did I look super cool with that big ass antenna on my car!
  5. In my mid-20s, I quit my job (a different one) and decided to move to the East Coast. Just because I could. I went with no job, no apartment, and preeeetty much no money. Thankfully, I found a job and an apartment in about two weeks. The first week in the apartment, I didn't have any furniture, not even a bed - I slept on a pile of clothes (something I don't recommend)! Ramen-and-egg dinners were a staple back then ('cause you know, throw an egg in there and it's a real meal), but it was worth it. I lived just outside of D.C. for a year and loved it!
  6. I was the lead in my high school musical, and won a state award for my performance.
  7. I cry at everything. Commercials. Movies. TV shows. When I laugh. When I giggle. When I'm sad. When I'm happy. I must have large tear ducts.
I won't tag anyone specific, as I know how much some of you just looooove that, but if you haven't been already and would like to be, consider yourself tagged!

4 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

You really are courageous. Not everyone can just pick up and go, they just can't bring themselves to do it. Nothing like a little adventure to liven things up!

I've already been tagged with this, so I'll just consider myself double-tagged. See how easy? 1 down, 6 to go! : )

Hope that package gets to you soon. If the mailman hoards yarn, I'll be seriously upset!

4:40 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Wow, you certainly love an adventure, it was worth tagging you just to find this out. Impressive stuff.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Man I tell you if I didn't have a husband in my early twenties or a kid by my mid twenties I would SO be living that life.

Didja have a cool CB handle? ;-)

5:53 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I like your random things. I especially like #4 and 5. Go you!!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home