Tuesday, March 27, 2007

*sigh*

"When did you get so paranoid?"

"When they started following me..."



Well, I found my wallet. In the car. Which I practically CSI'd the day my wallet went MIA, but whatever. At least now I don't have to worry some underage schmo is out there using my DL to get into bars.

In other news, our garage (detached and in the back) apparently got gang tagged sometime in the past few days. Rather surprising, since we live in the quintessential suburban neighborhood - this is a very residential, very family-friendly community. Hubster discovered the tags yesterday, and told me I was no longer allowed to take the trash out at night. Which is fine, since I never take the trash out anyway, day or night! One of the perks of having a man about the house. That and anything related to the attic. No way in hell I'm going up there.

On the knitting front, I changed my mind about a billion times, got trapped in some wicked frog, then mentally burned some sage and started anew with a pair of Retro Rib socks in Lanas Puras yarn on my new Addi Lace needle. About halfway down the leg of sock 1, and it's knitting up nice and quick. I'm digging these new pointier Addis, and getting more into ml! If only Addi made needles in a true size 1...

I was planning to start another pair in Sweet Georgia Superwash, but as I was winding the second hank of Slayer, guess what appeared, right smack dab in the middle of the ball? A knot! grrrrr Now I understand, this happens. But in a small hank consisting of a mere 185 yards? It's not a huge amount of yardage, so a knot was unexpected. Maybe my expectations are too high? At any rate, I was so annoyed, I had to put it away. Maybe I'll trot it out again after it's had time to think about what it's done.

Oh, and I'm doing a little spring destashing! It was time to make some difficult choices and send some playmates off to good homes. Check it out here if you're interested! :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Yeah I had a severe lack of a knot problem in a ball of KP sock yarn. I wish they had knotted it--it was just cut--in FOUR spots within the first 4 inches of my sock. But, at least that yarn is cheap.

I always wonder how taggers find the time to do such grafitti. If I tried, I'd be busted so fast. I'm neither sneaky nor slinky.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Geesh...glad you found your wallet! Bummer about the yarn!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got addy lace needles. OOH i hate you.

and about your wallet in your car...hmmmm I KNOW how freaking clean no junk person you are. I cannot believe you lost then found it.

5:08 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

wow, people were quick on that destash thing. ahh, well. better for my pocketbook (glad you found yours)

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your garage got tagged? Stay safe! No stalking the mailbox at night. It's not quite stalking time yet on account of my own frogging problems, but it's getting there.

Wonda
Leader of the No Yarn Knot! Coalition

6:14 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I'm trying very hard not to pick up the yarn you're destashing. It's very tempting, you know.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home