Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My baby does the hanky panky (well, he will...)

I was sitting on the couch giving the Center Square hat another go (more on that later) when behold! A knock at the door! What do I see (besides the back of the UPS guy), sitting on my doorstep?

This freaking ginormous box from ProFlowers! Hubster, who wanted to make sure I was going to be hanging at home today, hinted last night that I would be getting something that smells pretty. :) Guess this is it!

Hmmmm, what's inside I wonder?

A rather heavy bit of greenery wrapped in cellophane, along with a small heart-shaped box of chocolates tucked inside a square vase. (Hubster knows I'm not huge on the chocs, but I imagine they came standard with every order.)

Twenty minutes and some serious pruning later...

Oh, the carnage.

We have these! So soft. So purty. So fragrant. Breathe it in...

And so marks the end of the Valentine's Day Flower Curse. Whenever Hubster tries to have flowers delivered to me on Valentine's Day, something always goes awry. They arrive the day before, the day after, get misdirected, etc. Last year I gently suggested perhaps he try a different flower company (meaning I said to him, "Perhaps you should try a different flower company."). He did, and now the curse is broken!

Hope this doesn't mean the marriage is going to pot.

Petal pr0n! Oo, better go pluck some of those guard petals.

Now I do believe that Valentine's Day is a big marketing ploy, a conspiracy hatched up by the flower, candy, and card companies to bilk consumers out of their hard-earned dollars by making them believe, in fact obligating them to celebrate a non-holiday borne of their own capitalist concoction.


And I still eat it up. What can I say, I'm a sucker for romance. Hubster, smart man that he is, is fully aware of this and indulges my squeeneed to be wooed every now and again.

Oh, and remember those best-wife-ever basketball suite tix? He was so overwhelmed by that experience, he fronted me some healthy stash credits as a thank you. In celebration of Cupid, he upped it by another 50%.

Now I love him even more.

Whether you be free and single or cosily coupled, Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

5 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Aww! Beautiful Roses! Enjoy! :)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

If only I could smell them through my computer! I love the vase. It's a good one. I hate it when you get those cheesy ones. Happy VD!!

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful - wow

5:27 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful! And they didn't freeze. I only got flowers from DH once, and it was during a snowstorm and they froze. But I married him anyway! : )

9:32 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i'm not big on vday either. but those are lovely flowers.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home