Monday, January 29, 2007

STR got game


Surreal sugar cart

This weekend we got a taste of the good life. I was given tickets to a basketball game - not just any tickets, mind you, but to a suite at the stadium. Killer view of the floor, cushy leather chairs, free booze, free food, and as you can see, a dessert cart that would make you faint dead away. Everyone in our suite spilled into the hallway when the server announced it was outside and mouths fell agape at the sight of it.
Neither Hubster nor I are into sugar, but even we had to partake in this one! (See those caramel apples? The server would actually spiral cut it for you.) After much deliberation, Hubster got the Snickers Pie, I chose the Apple Torte. We each only ate about half before the sugarometer maxed out, but they were insane.

We had a fun time and the game was quite exciting, even for a non-sports fan like me. And to watch it like VIPs in a suite, for free no less? Amazing. Needless to say, Hubster owes me three something prettys for this one. Which of course, I'll be taking in sock yarn.

I took my STRs, but it was too dark to knit (to Hubster relief - the idea of my knitting in a suite at the game had him slightly horrified). But they did get to come out and watch for a sec!

STR is a sports fan. Who knew?

This morning I woke up with a raging migraine, so I'm at home today. Thankfully, it has subsided, but left behind some wicked neck and shoulder pain as a souvenir. Off to lie on the couch with a heating pad...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow! That's pretty damn cool! We used to get sports tickets all the time from clients--but never the suites!

What's wrong with knitting at the game??? Men! LOL!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Socks that Rock in a VIP lounge. Can't get much better than that! Glad you had fun!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Yes, what's wrong with knitting during the game?

I've never been in a suite before. That looks amazing! And if they brought cake around every once in a while, why, I think I'd be in heaven!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home