Wednesday, August 01, 2012

*blows off dust* cough cough sputter sputter

imbackarnold
I was going to put something like emerging from a cocoon, but searching "cartoon cocoon emerge" in Google Images led to a picture of someone with a giant butterfly tattooed on their ass (one wing on each cheek), at which point I fled. And now I predict at least 50% of you will search "cartoon cocoon emerge" in Google Images to see what I'm talking about.

Well, hello there!  'Member me?  I'm sure many of you dropped away since I haven't posted in a YEAR. *shame*  Some little goofball has been taking up all my time. ;)
goofy
Yup, definitely my kid. ;)

It's quite the juggle - baby, full-time job, life. But weezabear just turned one, yay!  And she's been sleeping through the night consistently for the past couple of months (I may have wept when she finally did that).  And I finally have little bit of time to myself again. And some actual energy in which to do something with it.

So I figured perhaps it was time to start knitting again.  But I needed some motivation. Which, of course, requires new yarn. Behold the stash additions! New yarn
That would be some Malabrigo Silky Merino, some Malabrigo Worsted, and some Plucky Knitter MCN. Because who could resist Malabrigo and, well, anything with cashmere really.

Now I need something to knit!  I've popped into Ravelry now and then, but just to talk about very important things, like Mad Men and Downton Abbey.  Aside from this Dr. Who shawl, which I am totally going to knit even though I never wear the shawls I've already knitted, I am completely out of touch with what's out there.

So, few readers who are left, tell me - what has been your favorite pattern in the past year?

8 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

welcome back! such a cute pic of your little girl and those stash additions are enviable.

as far as patterns go, i have no idea. i barely knit anymore. but i'm sure you'll find something.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Liz Suarez said...

Welcome back!

Two words...Color Affection. My favorite shawl. I don't wear shawls, but I knit this on a size 5 and it's perfect as a scarfy type of thing with a little more substance. Rayas Cowl is another one, but I designed that one, so...

Take a look at Pomme de Pin and Charleston Tea. Lovely lovely cardis.

xoxo,
Liz

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Belinda said...

Welcome back!

I've made one Henslowe, i'm in the middle of knitting my second and I have the yarn for a third...it's like I'm stuck in some sort of warp and that's the only shawl I can possibly knit! It is very pretty and wearable, which is super important for me with shawls.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

Hey-o! It's good to hear from you! And that little one is such a spunky cutie pie!

I'm loving your new stash acquisitions, too! I've been mostly sewing like Sara up above, but I am knitting a pair of Duckies right now, and they are going pretty quickly in some Plucky Sport. I'd say anything by Veera would bring a smile to your face, too!

xo

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving a lot of Norah Gaughan's sweaters. I just started etesian myself. There are also quite a few good striped patterns out there that are free, and seem popular lately.

Glad I stopped in today to see if you had posted lately.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Well hello there!! Cute picture of your little one!! I plan to knit that shawl too. Yeah, Color Affliction is pretty popular, but after knitting a Striped Study by the same designer, I was not going to knit that one ;) So many patterns, so little time!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

FYI- nothing at all wrong with the patterns, just that much garter and carrying yarns didn't enthuse me at all.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back!

I also just had a baby, so knitting has been sporadic at best. Right now I'm working on the Blackberry Cabled Cardigan by Alexandra Dafoe. I'm hoping to finish it before the weather starts turning.

Love the TARDIS shawl. I think I might need one!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home