Friday, June 03, 2011

Baby Tulip Sweater

Tomorrow is moving day, ack! As much as the timing stinks, I cannot WAIT to be in the new house. This place has served us well, but it's time to move on. I'll just have to remember to reign in my usual anal-retentive-unpack-everything-in-one-weekend tendencies and make sure to take it easy so GirlPod doesn't decide to make an early appearance! ;)

Speaking of GirlPod, here's another little cutie crafty thing I whipped up for her last month. See, I haven't abandoned knitting entirely! ;)
Tulip1
The Autumn Leaves Sweater, isn't it adorable? Of course, most baby knits are cute, but this pattern really is fabulous. And free! I knitted the smallest size using DK weight yarn in hopes it'll fit her around 6 months. But hey, she's a baby, it'll fit her at some point. ;)

Tulip2
I used Lion Brand Collection Superwash Merino, which for some inexplicable reason is only available online. Yeah, let's put the squeaky acrylic in every freakin' store in America but leave nicer stuff online where you have to pay for shipping. Good choice, LB.

It's a DK weight, 100% superwash merino, soft and springy albeit a tiny bit splitty. Not a huge choice of colors, either. But otherwise, an excellent and reasonably priced choice for DK merino. I was able to score this from someone's Ravelry destash, which is where I suggest you look first.
Tulip3
I love the leaves and swingy shape of this! The pattern was easy to follow and, being a tiny knit, went by quickly. Can't wait to try it on her!

10 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

That sweater is ADORABLE! Can't wait to get one on the needles for my granddaughter.

Good luck with your move.

8:14 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww that is adorable. good luck with the move!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Aaaaaand adding that to my to do list sometime before baby makes her appearance this fall. It's darling!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

It's a really cute sweater! I hope the move goes smoothly, and you get settled in your new nest quickly!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

On the plus side you've got the ultimate excuse for no heavy lifting...lol!
I like the sweater--is the color tulip? Because I was picturing the striped baby tulip sweater when I clicked over here!

10:14 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Too friggin cute! Can't wait to see pics of the baaaaaabeeeeee, you're getting close, right? And good luck with the move. Did you hire someone to carry you around in a divan chair that day? Hmm, you probably overlooked that but I'm sure it can be remedied with a quick phone call.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

What a pretty sweater!! Good luck with the move I hate moving, but hopefully yours goes really smoothly.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Too cute! I love it! Well by now you've moved, hope it went well. I moved to NC when I was pregnant, it was nice not to have to "lift" anything ;)

Moving in 1 week to AZ...eek!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Adorable! I have to go see if the sizing is big enough that I can make one for my kid for this fall.

Good luck with the move and remember to take it easy! You should totally spend the unpacking period with your feet up, directing others.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks great! My one friend who is currently pregnant decided not to find out the baby's gender, so I can't knit her one of these cute girl projects I keep seeing! ;-)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home