Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick little cutie

Puppy!
Puppyhatanduggs
My cousin-in-law's baby shower sort of snuck up on me, so I whipped these two out in a few days.

The hat is just your basic baby-sized hat with a ribbed brim. Then I embroidered on a face and added some long, floppy ears (in retrospect, that may have made it look more like a bunny, but hey they're cute, too! ;)).

The Uggs are my go-to baby gift. They're a seamless, bottom-up bootie with a garter sole, with some Plymouth Heaven (which I hate to knit with, but damn if it doesn't make the booties!) at the top, down the sides, and over the instep.

Yarn thoughts
The khaki is a new-to-me find - Kraemer Yarns Summit Hill. It's a superwash merino that only ran me about $11 for 230 yards on sale (retail I think was $15). Pretty good price for the yardage!

It wasn't as soft as Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted (which is the dark brown) and it was slightly thinner, so I would classify it more as a light worsted. But it knitted up nicely and went through a brief run in the dryer well. So if you can't get a hold of the LLSW, this would be a solid substitute.

Wrap it up
My cousin-in-law LOVED these! I was happy with how they turned out - and that I was able to finish them in time! ;)
Puppy Hat n' Uggs
Pattern:
Improvised both
Yarn: Kraemer Yarns Summit Hill, about 1/2 skein in Pyrite + Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, overs in Chocolate + Plymouth Yarn Heaven, overs in white
Needle: HiyaHiya Stainless Steel Interchangeables in size 7
Mods: All improvised, so um...all of it

10 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

Adorable!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

It's really cute. I'll have to try your Uggs suggestion for my next baby gift.

How are you feeling?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

oh my gosh, what an adorable little set!!! love the puppy hat and booties.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Way too cute. And the hat totally looks like a puppy.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Too cute! Are ya gonna knit some for yours?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Very cute! And wow whippin' em' out so fast!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Very cute! And wow whippin' em' out so fast!

6:00 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Oh that is so cute especially the Uggs. That is going to be one lucky baby.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Adorable! Those look like booties that can't be kicked off easily--a real plus.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Can we get a big "Awwwwww"? Those are freaking adorable!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home