Thursday, January 20, 2011

She sew crazy

One of the Joann's in my area is going out of business, so all of their Simplicity patterns went on sale for $1.99. I may have gone a weeeeee bit overboard:
patternsall
Recognize those first two knottygnome and Jacey? ;)

Many of them are beyond my experience level right now, but I just couldn't resist! And hey, when I do progress beyond the beginner stage, they'll be ready and waiting. ;)

These four are my faves:
patternfaves1

patternfaves2

Next month, I'm going to take that hat and skirt out for a spin. And I LOVE the dresses. But before I even attempt to tackle those two, I think I'll start with this pattern instead:
patterneasy
The ties appear to sit high enough to make this work as a maternity dress, at least for a couple of months. Plus, it says "easy" on the envelope. And they wouldn't lie to me. Would they?

3 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh, i would be careful starting with new look patterns. my experience has been that their sizing is pretty off, aka ginormous. you might want to flat measure the pattern and/or do a muslin first. not to dissuade your or anything.

i'm going to joann's tonight. they're having a 99 cent simplicity sale, and i'm planning to take full advantage. :-)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

I surely do recognize the first two! That dress is definitely on the 2011 agenda. Yay for sewing!

You can do it, Weez.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kaye said...

Good luck! I think I'd start with the wrap dress and then just sew baby stuff from thereon until you're a few mos. post partum and you've got "you" back again! LOL! I'd hate for you to make somethink kick ass that you get too busty for later...

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home