Monday, January 17, 2011

Mom Monday

Last but not least on the Christmas gift catch-up, a hat for my lovely mom! She's in Korea, so you just get me and this jar as models. And apologies in advance for the sucky pics, I didn't have a chance to get in a snazzy FO shoot before it had to be packed up and shipped off to the motherland.
16CableHat1
After seeing
Zonda's gorgeous 16-Cable Hat, I knew it would be perfect for my mom! The pattern is well written, easy to follow, and I love the big fat cables it turns out. You do have to use a cable needle, but only on a few rows, so it's not too bad.
16CableHat2
I made the larger size without the extra slouchy rounds - which, as you can see, was a good thing. The way I had it blocking, it stretched out a bit too much.


So after a couple of days (it was ridiculously rainy here the week before Christmas and was taking forever to dry), I popped it in the dryer on low for 20 minutes, and voila! It shrunk up to the perfect slouchy hat length.

16CableHat3
Oops, pardon my lint!

Wrap it up

I LOVE how this hat turned out! So much, that even though I don't wear the hats I already have all that often, I am totally going to cast one on for myself this week. A little belated Christmas present for me. :)

16CableHat4
Mom's Slouchy Cable Hat

Pattern:
16 Cable Hat (Size 2)
Yarn:
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, 1 skein in Charcoal
Needles:
HiyaHiya Stainless Steel in Sizes 6 (brim) + 8 (hat)
Mods:
None (that I can remember)

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That hat is adorable -- and so are you! It's nice to see your face on the blog!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

It's very cute, especially after the quick drying. I'm sure your mom will love it. As always, you're a cutie!

8:50 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

it looks adorable! what a great gift. i find it difficult to work the slouchy beret (though i try) but you are rocking it. can't wait to see your version.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

The hat turned out so pretty! I'm glad the dryer trick worked and gave you the perfect slouch. such a great hat on you!

10:45 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Love it! That's my kinda slouchy hat!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Looks good on you so yeah, better cast one on for yourself ;)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Super cute. I made one of those over the holidays, too... but i'm kind of selfish and just kept the first one for myself ;-)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home