Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tiny Tot Apron

Whew, things have finally slowed down a bit, so I can catch up! :) Let's ramp things back up with a little bitty one:
Apron 1
This is the Montessori Child's Apron (scroll down,pattern link is in the right sidebar), a freebie from Sew Liberated. Very easy to follow, well-written pattern that results in a terrific kids item! The top is encased elastic, so no ties needed there, and the side attaches with Velcro, so they can put this on all by themselves (which you know they love to do).

And look how cute!

Apron 2
I did make two minor mods: First, I went with iron-on Velcro. Attempts to sew on Velcro did not go well. :P Second, I skipped the topstitching all around the entire apron as I didn't
want to eff it up really feel it was necessary.

It's been a while, but if memory serves, I finished this in one afternoon, cutting and ironing included. It has since been gifted it to a friend's daughter. :) Unfortunately, I don't have any modeled shots to show you, but if you visit the
pattern page, there is a pic of it on an adorable little girl.

This was a fun, relatively easy pattern, super cute for girls or boys
(picture it in pirate skulls or racecars, fun!), and helps keep the kiddos clean. Now that's a win all around. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

cute! i love the fabric.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

It's adorable. Welcome back!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very cute and I want that fabric!! Iron on velcro..um..with my luck I'd burn it off LOL!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Very cool! I'd love to upsize that pattern for myself.
I hand sew my velcro. Not worth the headache otherwise.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So cute! I'm making a mental note to remember this for a couple of years down the line. (Of course, I'll have to teach myself to sew by then.)

5:24 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Super cute! Apparently the sewing bug is biting hard this summer.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How cute! I think my kids could use something like that for jam making!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home