Monday, April 12, 2010

Weather Master

Did you know that I have the power to control the weather? See, when I finish a sweater, it automatically becomes sunny and 80 degrees outside. When I finish a skirt, it turns rainy and 65.

It's a gift.

So until it becomes sunny again (hmmm...maybe I should start knitting another sweater, that outta do it), all you get are these little teaser shots:
Skirt Wip 2

Skirt Wip1

Hehehe. You know you love it.

On the knitting front, thank you all for your great suggestions on my plea for ideas! Lots of excellent patterns and pairings in your comments!

It was Brenda's rec to knit the Wednesday Socks that sent the mojo running back, running I tell you! That pattern is absolutely gorgeous! My STR Lenore is being saved for something else, though, so I did a little Rav stalking and found the perfect colorway of Madeline Tosh Sock (which I've been yearning to try) in someone else's destash. It's winging it's way to me now and should arrive in the next day or two. Can not wait to cast those on!


Grace's rec to knit the Textured Shawl with my blue Malabrigo Silky Merino also hit the mark! I'd been racking my brain trying to figure out what to make with those three skeins, for some reason a shawl didn't occur to me!

As gorgeous as that pattern is, however, I wanted something with some softer edges, so
I did a little Rav search and came across the Panda Silk DK Fan Shawl. Ding ding ding! Love at first sight!

Like most shawls, it looks like a big hot mess right now:
Fan Shawl Wip
I'm knitting it diagonally instead of modularly because I tend to run screaming from that much end-weaving.

But, like most shawls, it should block out beautifully. It's going by pretty quickly, too, as I've got the pattern memorized now and am knitting it sans row counter. I just need to pick up one more skein in this colorway, then hopefully I can have it done by the end of the week!

Oh, and I also have another sewing FO to share with you, but it was a gift so I have to wait for it to reach its destination. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

we're on opposite coasts, but we seem to share the power to control the weather. all hail our mightiness.

good call on the shawl pattern--i hadn't seen that one before.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jacey said...

The shawl looks lovely so far. I'm excited to see your sewing FO, and I'm glad you found some knitting inspiration!

1:25 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Start sewing a raincoat because I'm tired of the rain!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

You are a tease!! Send me the rain, god knows I need to get this pollen crap outta here!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Halfway Crafter said...

I seem to have a similar effect on the weather too!

You've been very prductive with your sewing / knitting!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Boy, I seem to think you're skirting the issue in not showing us your FO there. ;-)

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Can't wait to see what you are making - I love the fabric!

I was making something similar to that shawl but couldn't stand the way it was knit - can you share how you are doing yours (without giving the pattern out of course!)

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Gorgeous. Wish it was all HERE.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hmmm, maybe I should try knitting a sweater to see if that will bring on the warm weather.

7:12 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Hm. Try knitting some fun-fur lined underwear just to see what the weather will do. Maybe it'll hail meatballs or something.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

I didn't have an email address for you, so I hope you don't mind me contacting you here. I drew your name in my pattern raffle (at juniordeluxe.blogpsot.com) and I think you'll be pleased -- it's the 1967 Simplicity 7025. Send me an email at ksiddle@gmail.com to claim it :)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home