Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Thanks Happy Bunny, Bawk Bawk!

Herro!
Happy Bunny 1
My name is Happy Bunny! Whheeeeee! (What, I said I was happy.) I'm a shorter-nosed, longer-eared version of Otto the Polar Bear. weez fashioned me out of something called Wool-Ease, which makes great toys 'cause it's easy to take care of. I'll bet that first spin around the washing machine is going to be so. much. fun!


I'm not just cute, though. I'm really snuggly! Plus, when I get excited, my ears fly up!

Happy Bunny 3

I'm a good listener, too.

Happy Bunny 4

Even though some things confuse me, being new to the world and all.

Happy Bunny 5
So, like, what are you about?


I'm going to fly out to K's house this weekend, where her super adorable kids can squeeze me and hug me and call me George. I can't wait! It's good to be a Happy Bunny! Wheeee!

Happy Bunny 2
Happy Bunny

Pattern:
Otto by Ysolda Teague

Yarn:
Wool-Ease, 1 skein in Fisherman

Needle:
HiyaHiya Interchangeables, Size 4

Mods:
Decreased the face faster to do away with the snout; only one set of increases on the arms to make them less bulbous; picked up more stitches for the ears, increased gradually, then decreased rapidly to make them bunny-like.

19 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

So cute! What a happy hopper he is!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

TOO CUTE. AAAAH. Must Look Away from the CUTE.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great face!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Freaking ADORABLE!!!

6:32 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

What a great cuddle toy!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

What a great bunny! He really does look like a bunny, not a repurposed bear. Great job.

6:39 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

SOOOOOOOOO cute!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Nice mods. I'll have to keep this in mind.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Too cute!!! **remembers woolease for toy knits** thanks!

9:04 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

So cute!!! And little pangs of guilt on my end that I haven't knit either Lil' Guy or Lil' Snowboarder a toy :(

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Very very cute!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Love it -- you had me at "Herro."

5:22 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Happy Bunny looks really really happy. Are you sure you didn't stuff him with "magic" stuffing?

Anyway, I want to squeeze his tummy.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

oh my gosh, that is SO CUTE!!! and I love how long the ears are. Perfect!!

6:51 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, that is adorable. i love the eyes especially.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

He certainly does look very happy! Good job on converting the polar bear into a bunny.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

That is one happy bunny!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous safemeds said...

what an adorable bunny is the cutest stuff I ever seen.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home