Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Knock, Knock.

Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad I knitted this scarf?
Corazon1
Baaaaahahahahahahaha! Sorry, I actually got a decent night's sleep last night and it's made me a little hyper.

But you don't have to be hyper (unless you really want to be, try it, it's fun!) to see this scarf is fantastic! The pattern is
Corazon by our very own, super fabulous Rosi G.
Corazon3
I LOVED knitting this. The stitch pattern is absolutely beautiful, and so much fun to knit! Which is good, because I'm never knitting a scarf in sock yarn again. You know how when you knit a scarf, you often wonder if someone's frogging part of it while you sleep because you don't seem to be making any progress at all? Multiply that by a thousand, and that's what it feels like to knit a scarf in sock yarn. Took foooorrrevver. If this pattern weren't such a treat to knit, I'd have thrown myself out a window. One on the first floor, because I'm a total wuss, but it still would've hurt.

But seriously, how can you not love something that looks like this?
Corazon4
I only made two very minor mods for symmetry - I eliminated one purl stitch on the second pattern repeat and matched up the number of garter ridges at the beginning and end. That was all it took to turn this pattern, which is originally designed as a cowl, into my new favorite scarf!


The pattern is very well-written, too - includes a nice, big, easy-to-read chart along with written instructions, she even tells you which row to stop at so as not to interrupt the pattern design. Thumbs way up, Rosi! :) If you haven't gotten this pattern yet, I highly recommend!

Yarn thoughts
Mmmmmmmm. Malabrigo Sock Yarn. An absolute dream to knit with, gorgeous gorgeous color, with virtually no runoff in the soak and no fading or pilling afterwards. And hoooo, baby, this stuff is soft. Of course it's soft, it's Malabrigo. Mmmmmmmm.

Wrap it up
Corzaon, you stole my heart. You're so fun and spontaneous. Soft and pretty, too. Let's go have a candlelight dinner and take a moonlit walk on the beach...
Corazon3
Corazon Scarf
Pattern:
Corazon by Rosi G.
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock, 1 skein in Terracotta
Needle: HiyaHiya Stainless Steel in Size 2.5, 32"
Mods: Elimated a purl stitch, matched up the number of garter ridges at the beginning and end.

16 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

This is gorgeous! I might have to try and figure out how to turn this into a shawlette, my latest obsession. And yes, I will do it in sock yarn. I just love knitting with the stuff. For whatever reason, it doesn't bother me. Maybe because a little bit of sock yarn goes a loooong way when you put it on bigger needles.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

You're singing my song! I'm almost done with a scarf in fingering weight yarn -- and it seems like I started it a few centuries ago!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice! Now in addition to craving sock yarn scarves, I'm craving donuts and diet coke.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern and love the color - great combo!

I do like making things in sock weight - but somehow scarves do seem to take forever. Glad you stuck in with it though - beautiful!

5:30 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh so pretty!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Gorgeous!
I didn't know about this pattern, and it is so pretty. I must go procure.

9:32 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

it's lovely! the stitch pattern looks like little lacy hearts (but not in a mushy way)

5:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, is that gorgeous! Why are you showing me more patterns I want to knit when I don't have time to knit as it is? ;-)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Gorgeous!! I love the pattern, and the lovely, California poppy orange is so pretty! Great FO.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Beautifu - that orange color is fabulous!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love it! Orange!! My new favorite color and they make it in Malabrigo sock...yikes!!

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

oh. my. lord. that looks GORGEOUS in that color! great job, dudette! :o)

thanks for knitting my pattern!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

It's gorgeous! The orange is awesome. I've got a skein of rusty orange sock yarn that I've been dying to use. It's the perfect color for the not-too-far-away summer.

4:32 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

It's DOESN'T PILL? I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. Nope. Malabrigo will always = pilly in my world.

It is fantastically beautimous and lovely and sunny, tho. I just might have to knit it in cowl form.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous India Pharmacy said...

That is beautiful and orange is my favorite color, I just have to have this.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home