Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holiday Twofer

Alrighty, since the holidays are approaching and I'm in the crap-I-couldn't-decide-which-yarn-and-pattern-and-now-that-I-have-finally-decided-I-only-have-a-week-to-finish-these-damn-socks-for-MIL mode (get all that?), you're getting a little holiday twofer post with horrific pictures. :P I've knitted both of these patterns before anyway, so there's not much new to add!

NephYAHR! Hat III

Yahr Hat 3
This pattern is so fun! I knitted this for a friend of mine who had a gorgeous baby boy this summer. Used the exact same mods as last time, but knitted the actual baby size (instead of sizing the pattern up for toddlers) and sans the extra row of seed stitch in the grey.


Pattern:
Baby Viking Hat by Chili Con Yarne
Yarn:
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Chocolate and Pewter + Berroco Pure Merino in dove
Needle:
HiyaHiya Steel Interchangeables in size 7
Mods:
Shorter horns knitted in the round using short rows, slipped first stitch in rivets


Mitt Envy V

Mitt Envy V
I made these for another friend, who waaaaay back when managed to score me a Wii Fit when they were nowhere else to be found. She messaged me as soon as she got them, said she had been planning to ask for a pair of fingerless mitts for Christmas, and that she was going to wear them all the time! I love it when that happens! Now if only my psychic powers would help me win the lottery...

Pattern:
Mine :)
Yarn:
Dyed in the Wool Handmade Fingering Mediumweight in
Nicotiana
Needles:
HiyaHiya Steel Circs in size 1.5, 32"
Mods:
Used the LLI/LRI lifted increases instead of M1s

10 Comments:

Blogger Monique said...

Nice colors!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Cute hat! Pretty mitts, love the color!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love that little Viking baby hat!! and those mitts are very pretty.

6:50 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

That is the cutest darned hat!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great gifts! Good luck on the MIL socks!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Such a cute hat - and I love the mitt - good luck finishing the MIL socks!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

The baby Viking hat is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I don't think there is anything cuter than a baby hat with horns. Too funny!

5:41 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Good Lord that viking hat is a hoot!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Mine mine mine, those mitts are mine! And I do love them and wear them all the time. Hooray for psychic abilities!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home