Thursday, December 31, 2009

3...2...1...Happy FO Year!

Whew, I can squeeze these last few FOs in, just in the nick of time! Apologies for the final (I promise!) influx of crappy pics and combo posts, but I procrastinated. I should probably make "stop procrastinating" one of my New Year's resolutions, but I'm procrastinating making resolutions.

Artichoke Socks II
Artichoke Socks 2
These were a Christmas gift for MIL. The pattern (which I've knit before) and yarn were a great match, and they fit her perfectly. I have to admit, I was quite sad to give up my coveted skein of Lucky, but when you know a knit is going to be spot on, you just hafta give in to it. ;)
Pattern:
Artichoke Socks by Soxie
Yarn: Socks That Rock Mediumweight in Lucky
Needles: HiyaHiya Steel Circs in size 1.5, 32"
Mods: Modified the stitch pattern down to 54 stitches, subbed in Sherman heel


Beau-pere Beret a Troisième
Beret 3
I've made two of these for FIL,
one in black and one in khaki, and he wears both of them ALL the time. So of course, had to round it out with a third! This is such a great pattern, I always enjoy knitting it!
Pattern:
Moss Stitch Beret by Kent's Craft
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, less than one skein in Chocolate
Needles: HiyaHiya Steel Interchangeables in sizes 7 + 8
Mods: Same as
last time, but switched to size 8s after brim


Big Damn Mitt Envys
Mitt Envy IV
I knitted these up with the leftover sport-weight Speed Demon from my Big Damn Chevron Scarf. Modified the stitch count down, even fiddled around with the ribbing some. I'd initially planned to write up a pattern with the mods, but I gotta be honest - Mitt Envys look and feel much better in fingering weight, so I'm going to leave well enough alone. These are nice and cushy, though! And I *heart* this colorway. Almost as much as I *heart* naked Mal. Okay, maybe not as much as naked Mal. But these do keep me warm. Then again, so does the sight of naked Mal...
Pattern: mine :)
Yarn: Sweet Georgia Speed Demon in Firefly
Needles: HiyaHiya Steel Circs in size 2.5, 32"
Mods: Modified the stitch count for sport weight, fiddled around with the ribbing


And that wraps it up for 2009! I wish you all a safe, happy New Year that you can hopefully remember in the morning (and if not, have a good friend or mate who will tell you about it). Now that I'm in my *censored*, I'm more of a hang-at-home girl for the Eve. So tonight, Hubster and I will be celebrating with some quality TiVo/DVD time, and for me, some knitting. Oh, and mustn't forget the cupcakes.
Cupcakes
From left to right, that be Pumpkin Pie, Hazelnut Crunch, and Apple Pie. Which may have already been inhaled. But I'm not admitting anything.

You can't beat cupcakes! ;) Happy New Year everyone!

20 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

Cupcakes rule, and so do those socks! Happy New Year.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yum! Did you make those! I dunno, I have to disagree...naked Mal was kinda eeeehhhhh....that hard rough rock...ouch.

3:13 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy New Year!!! We're having cupcakes too (um, can't take a picture as some are in my tummy already!). Love the FOs!! Especially the mitts!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Happy New Year! Oh..I really want those cupcakes right now!! Fab socks, hat and mitts...yeah, it's ok if my friends like yellow ;)

10:36 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Great knits! Me, I'm off to bake something. It was going to be cookies, but now I'm thinking it's going to be cookies and cupcakes.

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

very cute knits!! the hat, the socks,the fingerless gloves. Happy New Year!

2:14 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Shoot, I thought FO was a Vietnamese noodle dish. Your FOs are much prettier!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I must admit, I don't remember much of my New Year's. But I'm pretty sure the reason why is a first for me (sleep deprivation rather than intoxication).

Love the FOs. Lucky was definitely the perfect yarn choice for the Artichoke Socks.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

I love that STR colorway, and the Sweet Georgia Firefly as well.

Oh, and if you could just pass me one of those apple pie cupcakes, that'd be great. Okay. Thanks.

1:21 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i love the green socks! yay for quick gifts.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Happy New Year!
You knit some lovely gifts! I have that artichoke sock pattern somewhere; I'll have to look for it.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

I don't know what looks yummiest: the socks, the mitts, or the cupcakes!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Happy New Year! Love those socks!

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:59 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Happy New Year!!! Love the knits, and the cupcakes!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Happy New Year!

The cupcakes look so good - hope you had fun eating them!

Very nice knits - love the socks!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:09 AM  
Blogger 遊樂園 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home