Thursday, October 01, 2009

I'm a markered woman

Lookit what I learned to make!
Stitch Markers 2

Stitch Markers 1

Stitch Markers 3
Aren't they purdy? I made a handful of them with a pair of pliers from the manly man toolchest, just to see if I enjoyed the process. When it turned out to be fun, I went and got a fancy crimper thing to make the rest. The beads were all repurposed from other stuff I had lying around but never used. Yay for reduce-reuse-recycle!

Now that I've got the hang of it, I'm going to play around with the sizing, make them more uniform, smaller, etc. (These are sitting on a US9 needle and you can see they are of random and mondo-size nature.) Just what I needed, another crafty hobby! ;) This one was borne out of necessity, though. I tend to lose stitch markers at an alarmingly high rate, so these will only last me, oh, about six months or so...

11 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

They're lovely!
I hear you on the losing markers thing... I managed to lose 2 of mine knitting last night.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

They came out very well. And it always feels good to repurpose, doesn't it?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Very nice!!!! I like those tiger-tail wire kind a lot. But you gotta be careful not to knit them into the whatever...hee hee!

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Beverly said...

Very pretty! I like that the loops are teardrop shaped. I just recently started making my own stitch markers too. I'm too cheap to buy them.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on them! Great way to use up them beads too!

7:39 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Very nice! I've got a boat load of jewelry findings--you've inspired me.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

My first thought was "Oooh, shiny!" I've made some markers like this. They're very easy, which is nice when you're the kind of person who loses markers all the time (it's so nice when you can just whip some up when you need some). Looks like you're off to a good start!

4:21 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very pretty! my cats like to play with my markers so they go missing a lot. it would be nice to be able to replace them myself.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Jacey said...

Those are some rockin' stitchmarkers. I especially like the second set.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Very pretty - I especially like the last set...

5:37 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Well now I know what to do with all my SoftFlex! So much easier than wrapped wire loops. Those are pretty!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home