Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You gotta have friends

As you know, I'm running the San Francisco Half-Marathon this coming Sunday. I haven't worked out much in the last several years and the only other race I've ever run was a 5K (which was nine years ago) so this will be a HUGE accomplishment for me! It'll probably take me the entire three hours to finish (especially after getting wiped out for virtually all of last week with the most wicked stomach flu known to man) and I'll be panting like a dog and sweating like a man, but it'll be one of those awesome life moments when I cross the finish line!

I have some runner friends who have been cheering me on through the last three months of training, but my BFF has been especially great. In addition to donating to my charity race fundraiser, she sent me this care package yesterday:
BFF Marathon Gift
Gels and an electrolyte drink, the Half-Marathon issue of Runner's World, and a pre-congrats, "go you" card! It was totally unexpected and got me even more excited for the race on Sunday!

Do I have the most awesome BFF in the world or what! :)

14 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Totally awesome!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'll be cheering you on from the other side of the country -- go Weez!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

How awesome is your BFF?! that was really thoughtful. Good luck on the marathon- you can do it!!!

- Julie

4:46 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Woo! You can do it, Weez! (And your cashmere went out yesterday.)

4:49 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

good luck in the race!

6:24 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Go Weez go!
Don't go slow!
Or else you'll grow!
Worms on your toe!

I think I finally figured out why I didn't make the cheerleading squad in 6th grade. Regardless, good luck! You will kick the ass.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Best of luck! Is this one of those half marathons where you run over the Golden Gate Bridge? I can barely drive over that and the Bay Bridge. I hope any hills near the end are all going down.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

Sounds like a great friend! Good luck - cheering you on from NJ!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Will be thinking of you! Go you! You can do eeett!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're gonna be great!!!!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

I'll think of you tomorrow! Congratulations in advance.

1,2,3,4
Run a just few steps more
5,6,7,8
almost there, you are great!

We used this little chant on our hike last weekend. Hope it keeps you movin'

7:35 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes--she's amazing!

GODD LUCK! We're all cheering you on!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

awesome! Wow, half marathon! go you!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Jacey said...

Dude, I'm in awe that you even tried, and what a wonderful friend! I'm excited to hear how you did!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home