Tuesday, June 02, 2009

She's crafty

Based on the lack o' posts since mid-May, you may have guessed there hasn't been a whole lot of successful knitting 'round these parts lately. But you know me, I'm a crafty bitch. ;)
BagClosed2

Using the tactics
planned out previously to try and diffuse the sewing hate, I made a drawstring bag for larger sweater projects. Not too bad, eh?
BagClosed

Look - with finished seams and everything!

BagSeams

And just the right size...

BagFlat

To hold a sweater project. Even one that was frogged after discovering that garter stitch and a square neckline are about as hideous on me as the red-and-black striped tuxedo shirt I wore in my senior class picture.

BagInside

For the handles, I did a simple single crochet using a triple strand of Cotton Ease. While it wasn't planned that way, they kinda look like leis!

BagHandles

And the tactics? They actually worked pretty well! I wouldn't say I *loved* sewing this, but I didn't hate it. And seeing it in my knitting basket, knowing I made it myself, brings a smile to my face every time I see it. :) Maybe there's hope for me and this sewing thing yet!


Oh, and I also made these fun little marble magnets! They took no time whatsoever, and turned out super cute. Those two on the far end were made for Hubster's benefit. I think he *almost* squealed. But don't tell him I told you that.
Magnets

13 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

Really cute bag!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Such a cute bag! The drawstring is perfect!

Send your successful sewing mojo my way. I SUCK at sewing, but I'm determined to make a nice lining for the felted bag I'm almost finished with. I'm gonna be really pissed if the lining doesn't turn out right.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

that knitting bag is awesome!!


- Julie

8:30 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice drawstring and bag! Aren't those leis on the bag?

Cute mags--I love making those!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The bag is fantastic! I'm super impressed by the finished seams, too.

Love the magnets! How are they made -- are they really easy?

4:18 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

You made a Firefly magnet. You nerd.

The bag is superfantastic! I am also very impressed by the seams.

5:57 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very cute bag and great finished seams!

i love the magnets too (and i'll try my best to forgive your husband for being a lakers fan)

:-P

5:57 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

LOVE the bag! Very cool! I need to haul out the sewing machine and play. This bag is very inspiring! Love the magnets too!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love your bag!! (hehehe I feel kinda weird saying that ;) You did an excellent job on it! Thank you so much for showing your ties/handles. Great idea, so often I make a bag and don't have anything to use at home! I luff you for that! Cool magnets too!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jacey said...

Cute! Now I want to listen to Beastie Boys.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

Look at you with your maaad sewing skillz! Cute bag!

7:34 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such a cute bag!! So glad to see that you are loving sewing!! hehehe! Seriously cute!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Be careful! You keep sewing such cute things and you'll stop knitting!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home