Friday, June 12, 2009

TV Tawk

There are a pair of finished socks sitting here, but as the weather buh-lows, the FO shoot will have to wait 'til next week. So, uh...how 'bout we talk television?

I don't watch reality shows, which means I don't watch a lot of TV these days.
Needless to say, there are only a handful of shows deemed Tivo-worthy in our home: Burn Notice, The Closer, CSI (Vegas), Dollhouse, and The Office. So far, Royal Pains is shaping up to be a contender and I am freakishly excited for the return of V (and not just 'cause it stars Inara and Wash from Firefly)! What are your favorite (non-reality) shows and why do you love them?

P.S. I also caught a few reruns of Bones recently on TNT and thoroughly enjoyed it! Now I want to catch up from the beginning! Unfortunately, hulu only has a handful of eps, so I've added Seasons 1-3 to our Netflix queue, a total of 18 discs. Great, that outta take a year. :P Any Bones fans out there with the DVDs who wouldn't mind a loaner? :)

ETA: Royal Pains is out. It's not bad, but not Tivo-worthy. And whoo hoo, TNT just started running Bones from Season 1, yay!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on V. That looks like it's going to be a great show. Bones is my favorite show, I hope you love it too!

12:23 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

being without cable, during the summer i pretty much only watch sports on tv. and b/c i am behind most of the rest of the western world, i catch up on tv from 3-5 years ago through netflix. right now i'm renting veronica mars. and i was thinking about starting gossip girl next.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Bones is awesome! Sadly I don't have the DVDs to send you. You'll love it, though. I'm kinda jealous that you get to watch all of them for the first time.

If they rerun Lie to Me this summer, you should check out that one. I really like it.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Carla said...

Check out your local library for DVD's!

3:56 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I realized that I TIVO a lot of crap but non reality shows I like include House, CSI, Mad Men

8:55 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oooh has V already been on? Looks quite interesting.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I actually don't watch shows on TV -- not right now, anyway. Used to love Firefly. But I just can't deal with the commercials anymore, and I've been off TV long enough that the fast, jarring cutting action that's now all the rage really bothers me. Is this what getting old and crotchety is like?

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Jeanne said...

I really like Trust Me on TNT, and of course, love House, The Closer, Chuck, Bones. And Criminal Minds. And CSI (the original, not the spin offs). And Law & Order. We don't watch reality shows either (ok, I admit to American Idol). And Lie to Me is really good too! I think I watch too much TV :-)

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home