Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow Day

Hey, look, it's snowing!
snowflakes
chemgrrl surprised me recently with a just-'cause card, and it was filled with these lovely touches of winter! I used a little "invisible" thread (basically fishing line on a spool, can't believe they think one can sew with this stuff - but it has its crafty uses!) to hang them on my bigass living room mirror.

Aren't they beautimus? These two are my faves:

red snowflake

yellow snowflake
Even Hubster thought they were super cool and he's, like, a boy. Thanks chemgrrl, I love them!


So, hopefully you were distracted enough by cg's fabulous craftiness to forget that I've been MIA for a while. When last we blogged, the mojo was fading, and fast. Ordinarily I'd try to power through it or maybe entice it back with some little projects. But this time, I decided to call it quits. Temporarily, but completely. For damn near a month, I didn't do any knitting what.so.ever. Zip. Zada. Zilch.

I know, who am I and what have I done with weez.

But you know, it was exactly what I needed. Spent a few days aimlessly wandering around the house, bumping into walls and wondering what the eff I used to do with all my time. Then I took care of some projects I'd been procrastinating since the beginning of time waiting for just the right moment to complete, and did a buncha this thing called reading, where you open these things called books that have words typed on paper and all bound together and stuff. It was great!

And of course, once I stopped paying attention to it, the mojo came wandering back (mojo must be a dude). Hit me like a mack truck this week and I've now started three new WIPs. I'd show you pics, but they're all in the just-beginning stage where they basically look like nothing.

So why don't I post this instead - one of my neighbors stopped by yesterday and gave me two giant bunches of roses! She said they were overstock at Trader Joe's and thought I would like them. Isn't she too sweet? I love living in the 'burbs!
Rose
Now, if the weather can stay sunny for a few more days (it has been POURING rain for the last couple of weeks - you should see the weeds in our backyard!), I'll have a few FOs to show you soon, too!

9 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

Welcome back, although I must say I felt left in the lurch after "Santa is my bitch*" I expected more, much more!

I know what you mean about that reading stuff. Went on vacation and didn't take even one little bit of yarn. Read three, count 'em, three books. Since returning home, I've made three pairs of socks!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking a break is a good thing - glad you found your mojo!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Lovely roses! And bitchin' sunny snowflakes!

5:39 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Aren't those snowflakes super cool? I got me some too!

A break is good...but glad it was a quick one!!

6:27 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

A whole month? Wow! I'm glad to see you back!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Roses and snowflakes?!?!??!!? Now that's a fantastic day! Glad you're back.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Glad to see you back to hear that your mojo has returned. Sometimes a break is a very good thing!

And dude, you totally have the most amazing neighbor!

4:38 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Maybe I should take a page outta yer book and not knit for awhile. Just because it seems like everything I start, I hate and then rip out. I did sit a read a novel cover to cover yesterday, though. Should have been working, tee hee!

Glad you like the snowflakes! It's a bit trippy, seeing them on a mirror like that.

5:52 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

welcome back! the roses and snowflakes are very pretty.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home