Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Santa is my bitch*

Dude, who keeps speeding up the clock these days? Couldya cut it out, please? I'd like some time to chill. Which might help me stop talking like Spicoli, too. That'd be a nice bonus.

I finished my Lace Ribbon Neckwarmer Thingamabob a couple of weeks ago, and I'm now to the hood of my Wallaby, so that could be, wow, two whole FO posts coming soon! :P

Seems I'm still winding down from feeling like I *have* to knit stuff and as such, have just the Wallaby on the sticks
. I actually had to go back and check my spreadsheet while replying to SJ's post to discover that I have in fact, not finished a pair of socks since October. Yes, feel my forehead (which is not a relation to pull my finger).

I almost started a pair last week, but the yarn is sport weight, which means I'd need to get a couple of 32" steel HiyaHiyas in size 2, maybe even 2.5. But my mind has a hard time wrapping itself around socks knit on 2.5s so I may just get the 2s. Can't make up my mind. But eh, I'm not really feeling the sock thing lately anyway (clearly!), so no rush.

Didja like that stream of consciousness there? That's what happens when I post just before bed. Neat, ain't it. Okay, not really, so here, look! Pretty yarn!


These were all Christmas presents from my generous ILs. They ask for very specific gift lists - one might think that would take some of the fun out of it, except I generally forget half the stuff I ask for.
Hazel Knits TulipHazel Knits Beach Glass
Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in Tulip and Beach Glass. Soooo soft!


Malabrigo Silky Merino Celeste
Malabrigo Silky Merino in Celeste. I LOVE this colorway!
(This also made me realize I wasn't really into the black I bought last month and off it went to destash! Doing much better these days at only buying/keeping yarn I have a project in mind for. Except sock yarn. Everyone knows that doesn't count.)

LLSW Chocolate
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Chocolate...

Cotton Fleece Pinkaboo
...and some Cotton Fleece in Pink-a-boo. More support for the Year of the Sweater, yay!

Now I could show you the STR that mysteriously showed up at my doorstep one day (strangely, after their online barn sale, too weird!), but I may need to distract you from another non-post in the future. ;)

(* Santa, in case you're real, I mean that in a good way.)

11 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Your inlaws got you all THAT? Holy crap. I think I'd faint.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sheesh. Puts my in-laws to shame. (Although they did give me cash this year, which was put toward a set of Knit Picks Options, so they kind of got me knitting stuff, in a way.)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Wow! Nice in-laws! I love that chocolate shade in the LL. Gorgeous!

5:58 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Okay, I hearby retract that statement about your husband and re-apply it to your inlaws. Holy crapola! They must totally love you.

Um. I know I'm already married and everything, but does your husband have any brothers? Or hell, sisters? I'm not too picky...

6:15 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Dude, I can't even get my husband to buy me yarn if I spell it out for him! I love that beach glass color. I'm a sucker for a good name.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice ILs! Gorgeous yarn - love the Hazel Knits....

5:00 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

It's lovely! But do be careful about the 'sock yarn doesn't count' thing -- or you'll end up just like me! I have enough sock yarn to supply one of those small countries few people have heard of with socks.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Specific gift lists are good. Trust me. Much better than leaving my MIL to pick the yarn. ;)

1:50 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

I LOVE that chocolate! In fact, I love every new addition to your stash. I am green with envy! You must have some rockin' ILs. Nice!

8:01 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh my,what to say? Hazelknits is still my fave sock yarn. That Celeste is killing me, and I can't even talk about how much I love that LL Chocolate:)

7:43 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

nice haul! i hope that you are well.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home