Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I suck

Okay, I know, I suck. I haven't posted in a while. Been in a bit of a knitting funk lately, possibly due to this freaky ass weather. But I did manage to knit and finish Starsky last month! I'll try to get that FO post up soon.

And now I have to get my knitting butt in gear and churn out some Christmas presents. There was this whole master plan in place to alternate holiday knitting amongst family members each year - you know, last year it was the parents and ILs, this year it was just going to be my bros, etc. That way, I didn't have to kill myself holiday knitting for everyone. Brilliant, yes? Yes. Until a couple of weeks ago. MIL and I were discussing the holidays and presents and when I asked what she wanted, she said, "I'd like you to knit something for me!" Then went on to ask for knitted gifts for FIL and SIL as well.


*sigh*

So now I'm in full-on holiday knitting mode. Well, I'm in full-on yarn-is-wound-but-I-haven't-actually-started-knitting holiday knitting mode. Lack of time and procrastination, it's a magic combination. ;) It's coming up fast though, so I'll have to whip those out starting tomorrow. And hopefully, this weekend I can finally take a breath, snap some pics (just wait until you see the Malabrigo wagon I fell spectacularly off of during the backward loop's Thanksgiving sale!), and get this ol' blog moving again, too.

In the meantime, I leave you with a meme, poached shamelessly from Becca.

Things I've Done (In Bold)
1. Started my own blog (herrrooo)
2. Slept under the stars (I was a camp counselor in college, but these days I much prefer going to bed than going to sleeping bag)
3. Played in a band (flute geek back in my youth; now I probably couldn’t tell you which end to blow that’s what she said!)
4. Visited Hawaii (several times, and miss it!)
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world (my first job was at Disneyland, I’m posed with tourists in photo albums around the world!)
8. Climbed a mountain (okay, so I rode a gondola to the top of Mammoth, but let's say that counts because saying I climbed a mountain makes me sound cool)
9. Held a praying mantis (eeeeuuuuuuuw!)
10. Sung a solo (have I ever mentioned I was a drama/music geek in high school?)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris (and wish I could again *sigh*)
13. Watched lightning at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch (knitting counts, right?)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables (dude, my two houseplants are lucky they're still alive)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (and snuck a picture, ‘cuz I’m a rebel that way)
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (oh wait, I should unbold that because I would never do such a thing)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (sunsets, not sunrises, ‘cause in the morning I am all about the sleep)
31. Hit a home run (um, sports involving spherical objects and I don’t…mesh well together)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language (I can tell you a) how to order a cheese sandwich in European Spanish and b) that I don’t know how to speak Italian in Italian. Language CDs. Money well spent.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (ah, the dot-com days…)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke (I think my college roommates are still in the bar singing "American Pie" because that is the longest. song. ever.)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (I saw it gurgle, but not really erupt)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (and of course, was totally grungy and unshowered with baseball cap on while surrounded by hot paramedics. Figures.)
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie (I was an extra in some straight-to-video movie that I think had Richard Grieco in it. The fact that is was straight-to-video instead of straight-to-DVD gives you an idea of how long ago that was)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (no, but I have watched The Karate Kid...)
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving (I went tandem skydiving several years ago and it was SO fun! One of these days I need to transfer that VHS to DVD so when I’m old and grey...okay, greyer, I can watch it and cling desperately to my youth.)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (ah, college…)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (there's a little stuffed tiger somewhere in the garage, and a very faded pink-and-white checkered pillowcase tucked away in the closet, which isn't a toy but is from my childhood)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square (but I think I walked by it once when I was there for a trade show)
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job (well, not fired but laid off. Ah, the dot com days…)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (amazing, mesmerizing, and surreal!)
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper (in the sixth grade I raised the most money for some school fundraiser or another and got my pic in the local paper. My 15 seconds of fame! I was also in my high school paper when I was the lead in the musical my senior year.)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House (well, the outside anyway, didn’t do the tour)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (I was gifted two live Maine lobsters once from a vendor and had to have someone else steam them for me because the idea of doing it myself freaked me out)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (have had quite a few celeb sightings, but I actually met Johnny Knoxville the first night of my bachelorette party! He was very nice and took a pic with me, which is on the bulletin board in my home office.)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby (and don't think I don't hear about this all the time from the parents, lemme tell ya)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Rode an elephant (bet that don't stink at all)

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You got knitting conned. Poor girl. I have faith that you'll make it. But I'm sorry for the additional gifts you have to churn out.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

YOu're a better woman than me. I would have gifted the knitted stuff to the ILs in 09. "Ohhhh....you meant you wanted knitted stuff LAST year? My bad!"

4:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I certainly hope someone who asks for knitted holiday gifts this late in the year expects small things. I'll send all the knitting mojo I can your way!

4:21 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Coffee cup cozies. Just sayin.

Who the hell is Johnny Knoxville?

Oh yeah, and the next time I'm out there? I'm so taking you rock climbing.

6:25 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Either your MIL thinks you're Wonder Woman or she's being pretty inconsiderate. Hate to be harsh, but is she think you knit in your sleep?

7:30 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i think a lot of people have been negligent bloggers lately. i blame the lack of light and general holiday busy-ness.

i have a mountain of stuff to catch up on myself and i'm finding it exhausting.

7:31 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Which Disney Princess were you??? Or character, but I envision you as a princess!!

And how could you suck if you knit Starsky in a month! You'll totally kick holiday-knitting's ass!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I'm in the Christmas knitting procrastination mode, too. This year I swore I wans't going to do ANY christmas knitting. Uh huh. Right. Now i'm up to my eyeballs in it ... unfortunately most of the people I'm knitting for read my blog so I can't post what I'm working on!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I'm a bit new to blogging, but I'm shamelessly having way too much fun staring at all these knitting blogs now - I love knitting and photography. Anyhow, I cam across your blog through searching well...
you mentioned a while ago that you made the Jellyfish shrug from Magknits by searching through that site, but it says its blocked now. I know a friend that would LOVE to have that for Christmas though, and was wondering if you have the pattern lying around somewhere?
If you do, or have any info whatsoever on it... if you could email it to jaded.moonlight@gmail.com that'd be super great! Thanks!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

You're not the only one who's been in a knitting funk... what with moving, I haven't gotten that much done either, mostly socks. Can't wait to see pictures of Starsky... you got a WIP less to worry about!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you've been in a knitting funk, but good luck with your holiday knitting. Can't wait to see Starsky!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home