Monday, December 08, 2008

I fall down some

It's not a good idea to wave the word "sale" and "Malabrigo" under the nose of someone on a yarn diet.

'Cause then I fall down some.
Malabrigo
It started with these three skeins of Malabrigo Worsted in Vaa. I just love this colorway, with those hints of iridescent blue weaving throughout green. Gorgeous! One of them turned out to be almost completely solid green, though, so it's in the process of becoming my older brother's Christmas present.

Then there were these seven skeins of Silky Merino in Black that somehow jumped into my cart, totally against my will.
It was hard to photog, the silk made it go all glinty in the pic!
Silky Merino
OMG, this stuff is amazing. RiDICulously soft and sheeny. But not quite right for what I had in mind, so it may end up in the destash later.

Oh, you thought that was all? HA! How 'bout this skein of oh yes, Malabrigo Sock my friends.
Malabrigo Sock
In Terracotta, sooo preeeettty. And soft. And oh lordy, highly pettable. Heeee.

Last but not least were two skeins of Lorna's Laces Green Line Worsted in Solitude.
But these were for those aforementioned Christmas gifts, so you know, they don't count.
LL Green Line Worsted
One of them has already been knit up into FIL's beret sequel, the other will become MIL's hat. She requested a beanie with earflaps, so I'm just trying to settle on a pattern.

Do I get all fanciful with colorwork and add earflaps to
Dreams of Spring? It's such a fab hat! But I've only done colorwork a couple of times. Maybe this Roman Earflap Hat? All one color but with some funky cool details that make it a little more special. Then again, I could just go with your basic rib-and-stockinette, make life easy on myself.

Of course, there is the Brainmonster... *evil laugh*

11 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

See, and then evil people like you post these pictures of yarns that I just want to wrap myself in, and it makes it harder for the rest of us to maintain our willpower...

:D

9:27 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

There is also the Cthulhuclava: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cthulhuclava

That would keep her ears warm.

Don't you just *love* the silky Malabrigo?!? The scarf I made from mine has hardly pilled at all, I'll have you know. I think I need some more. The prettiness, it calls to me...

10:50 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

definitely the brainmonster. but seriously i'd go for the colorwork hats. they look fun.

i have yet to see that silky merino in person. *sigh* i'll have to live vicariously through you.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Well, if you're going to fall down, I can't think of a better cushioning than Malabrigo, seriously. I love your choices, and if I had that Silky Malabrigo, I'd probably be running around with a skein of it down my shirt. You know, just for something soft under the skin. Is that wrong?

1:58 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Not a bad way to fall...onto a bed of Malabrigo! Such pretty pretties!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I agree...nice way to fall! ;)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh man, I was fondling some of that silk blend this weekend--purrrrr!!!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You fall down in great taste - how bout that sock yarn? Love mine - just might never knit it, it's so nice to pet.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Malabrigo" and "sale" would take down the most thrifty of knitter. Beautiful choices!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Well clearly my vote is for an earflapped Dreams of Spring...

malabrigo sock yarn??? swoon.

2:13 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Vaa is one of my favorites, such an intense color!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home