Monday, November 10, 2008

Invasion of the Sock Monster Aliens

'Member how Jellyfitch got sent to the country to live a better life? Well, chemgrrl sent me a special gift last week as a thank you - and it totally made me squeal! Why? Lemme show you!

First, how cute is this wrapping paper? So cute, I've already used it to wrap another gift. And just guess what was inside!
Gifty from chemgrrl
Pretty! Girly! Heee!


In the smaller package was a skein of STR Mediumweight in Space Dust - a colorway I have long coveted, and now it's mineminemine!!! And in the larger package? My very own, custom-made Sock Monster Alien!!!
Gifty from chemgrrl 2
Which came first the Sock Monster Alien or the Space Dust?


Isn't he freakin' awesome? I think Hubster may have used the word "phenomenal." He's very well dressed, too. Check out that fitted felted vest!
Gifty from chemgrrl 3
Sitting in a place of honor - between the Greatest American Hero lunchbox and the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine lunchbox.


If you've been reading chemgrrl's blog for a while (and if you haven't, you really should), you know that among her many crafty talents are these super cool monster thingys, which she makes out of socks and her crazy imagination.

Aaaaand if you've been reading chemgrrl's blog for a while, you won't be surprised by this note that was hanging around his neck.
Gifty from chemgrrl 4
Why does that not surprise me?

We're trying to come up with a name for him. I suggested Trouser Snake, but Hubster doesn't think that's original enough. *rolleyes* It'll be interesting to see what he thinks *is* original enough. Thank god we're not trying to name our children right now.

12 Comments:

Blogger Crystal Creates said...

This just cracked me up on the wonderful Monday morning. Love it. He is looking very daper. The wrapping paper is awesome too.

7:50 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! That chemgrrl rocks!! What an adorable alien monster (she is so freakin' talented!) and of course, some purty purty STR!

10:58 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

I didn't mean for his head to look like that at all, you know. It was an accident. That's okay--I know you don't believe me.

I would like to add that Mr. Dickhead is the first sock monster I've ever made with a belly button. Oh, and his vest isn't felted. It comes from a favorite fuzzy and warm pair of socks that I loved to death. Tres chic, no?

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - that is awesome! I wanted to say cute, but the penis thing sorta wiped out that kind of comment - LMAO! I do really like the name Mr. D, that chemgrrl him....

12:42 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Mr. Dickhead/Trousersnake is fantastic! She's very creative!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Wuhahahah! That thing is freaking hilarious!! Brings new meaning to the phrase foot fetish!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

What a freaking great package!! That wrapping paper is sooo cute. Love the monster's special note, too funny!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think the pursed lips on the sock monster really put me over the edge.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The monster is too cute - love the note! Great yarn too!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Simply awesome!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Haha! That is an awesome monster creation! Nice yarn too! Heh, my word verification "trospien" LOL

2:52 PM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I've never seen one of those, but how awesome! ooooh I love that stardust too, I'm jealous

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home